The death of VAR

I do actually hate VAR for it ending the elation when the ball hits the net. That was a special thing that football had over all other sports and there was no feeling like it.

Now that feeling is gone forever. I’ve not celebrated a goal properly once this season. VAR has ruined football forever for this alone. Now, when the ball hits the net, my immediate thought is “VAR?” and not “YYYEEESSS!!!”

I despise VAR for that!

But I agree with you that people mix up things that are wrong with the laws of the game with VAR issues, too much.

Var's just for the stay-at-home, tourist fan from whom the Premier League earn most of their money. It's stripped the game of the passion it had as have multiple rule changes where the game is stop-start and free-kicks and penalties are handed out like confetti, and this latest absurdity regarding handball.

I like to think I'm a pretty calm person but the people who've turned the once beautiful game into this over-officiated farce should be rounded up and summarily shot.

It wasn’t giving the handball that annoyed me, ‘cos it was handball under these stupid rules, but, Foden was clearly fouled at the same time. So, if the ref has played advantage why didn’t he bring it back for a foul under the 10 seconds no advantage process?

Or, have they changed that rule for teams playing in light blue?

i believe you have just made that 'rule' up. none has ever existed in this game

Football used to be a form of escapism.
Now, most of the enjoyment has been sucked out of it, and for what?
To get every decision correct?
Well that's not working out very well is it?

Even though I hate VAR, last night for us and for Spurs, neither were VAR issues, they were both handball law issues.

This new law that penalises attackers for handball when its not intentional is the worst law in football! but has nothing to do with VAR.

It gives the benefit to the defending team, it needs changing big time!
I thought I read somewhere that the new handball rule was introduced to accommodate VAR?

It seems that the law is being wrongly applied because if the ball touches an attacking players hand, regardless of whether this influences control, it is deemed handball?

What happens if the ball touches a player in his own penalty area, in a natural silhouette position, so not deliberate hand ball and subsequently go up the other end and score? Goal disallowed and indirect free kick in penalty area where handball occurred?

I thought I read somewhere that the new handball rule was introduced to accommodate VAR?

It seems that the law is being wrongly applied because if the ball touches an attacking players hand, regardless of whether this influences control, it is deemed handball?

What happens if the ball touches a player in his own penalty area, in a natural silhouette position, so not deliberate hand ball and subsequently go up the other end and score? Goal disallowed and indirect free kick in penalty area where handball occurred?
Penalty

The decisions last night weren't down to var, however until we use the system like every other league in the world, as in the referee uses the video screen at the side of the pitch I will not accept it.

No, because a player blocking a shot in his own area is not an attacking player, has a part of the handball law stating that it is not handball, and does not create the goalscoring opportunity.

Var's just for the stay-at-home, tourist fan from whom the Premier League earn most of their money. It's stripped the game of the passion it had as have multiple rule changes where the game is stop-start and free-kicks and penalties are handed out like confetti, and this latest absurdity regarding handball.

I like to think I'm a pretty calm person but the people who've turned the once beautiful game into this over-officiated farce should be rounded up and summarily shot.
I’ll get my gun mate, who’s first?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.