Phil Foden....no longer just potential

I think what Foden needs more than anything is a run of games in the team as a starter. He needs to experience the physical and mental demands of top flight football on a very continuous basis and experience the bad moments/performances as well as the good

I don't want to get carried away and praise Foden too much but it's hard not to. He's definitely getting better every game and looks like he can really stamp his mark on the game at the very highest level.

David Silva has been a fantastic player for us and the best foreign player to grace the premier league IMO. I'll be really sad to see Silva go but Pep has been holding Phil back until recently and as sad as I am to see Silva leave I'm so excited that Foden will come of age with us. He has risen to the top very quickly and already looks the real deal as Silva's protige.

I think it's fair to say that Foden already has a better eye for goal and shot on him than Silva, and dare I say that Foden could become an even better player than David Silva. Imagine that, Wow!

Better than Silva is a big big call. Don’t think we will ever see a player who can dictate a game, control the ball and have the vision of Merlin
Different players though. And Merlin has to take some credit for nurturing Phil into the player he has become.

Phil Foden is the perfect example of the benefits of having young players training regularly with our First Team squad. Phil had the perfect opportunity to learn from talented model professional footballers such as Fern, Vinny and Dave, and he seems to have picked up an awful lot from them.

Hopefully he can keep his focus, and go on to have a long and rewarding career with our club.

Better than Silva is a big big call. Don’t think we will ever see a player who can dictate a game, control the ball and have the vision of Merlin
Different players though. And Merlin has to take some credit for nurturing Phil into the player he has become.

It is a big call but it’s definitely a possibility because he’s got things to his game that David never had. Obviously you could spin that the other way but Foden could potentially add those things to his game. In many way despite clearly having immense talent the genius of Silva is his ability to do the simple things so well. Knowing when to play the killer pass, when to just keep the ball and how to dictate the tempo.

Has to be a continued starter now. It's always been obvious he has an insane level of quality, he had a tendancy to disappear during games last year and dialed to dictate them. This year, wow.

Very exciting player, pep has handled his progression very well!

I have to say those who have had to wait until it has become bleeding obvious to spot this lad’s talent are a bit behind the curve. He’s had world class talent ahead of him so he’s had to be patient but he was always going to breakthrough. Next stop England, because even that prat Southgate will have to pick him now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.