The death of VAR

I thought I read somewhere that the new handball rule was introduced to accommodate VAR?

It seems that the law is being wrongly applied because if the ball touches an attacking players hand, regardless of whether this influences control, it is deemed handball?

What happens if the ball touches a player in his own penalty area, in a natural silhouette position, so not deliberate hand ball and subsequently go up the other end and score? Goal disallowed and indirect free kick in penalty area where handball occurred?
That’s what happened when we played Liverpool in November. Terrence Trent D’Arby hand balled it and they went up our end and scored yet it was given. And TAA actually controlled the ball and passed it to set up the move.

The officials are a joke.

I actually prefer our refs to the CL refs who are worse and they make the game almost seem like a different sport to the Prem, but that doesn’t mean they’re actually any good. Something needs to change, but they’ve been vindicated this season as they got the result they wanted with who won the league...

No, because a player blocking a shot in his own area is not an attacking player, has a part of the handball law stating that it is not handball, and does it create the goalscoring opportunity.
Ok. So a hand can be used to create a goal as long as it is in one's own penalty area? It does seem to make sense.

Ok. So a hand can be used to create a goal as long as it is in one's own penalty area? It does seem to make sense.

There's a law and a referee who's job it is to decide if something is handball.
If it's not handball, yes. If it is handball, then no it can't.

The own penalty area is a red herring, and does not appear anywhere.

That’s what happened when we played Liverpool in November. Terrence Trent D’Arby hand balled it and they went up our end and scored yet it was given. And TAA actually controlled the ball and passed it to set up the move.

I actually prefer our refs to the CL refs who are worse and they make the game almost seem like a different sport to the Prem, but that doesn’t mean they’re actually any good.
Almost, but not quite. Walker attempted to clear the ball in between and it went to Fabhino? who scored. So passage of play was interrupted by a City touch, so TAA handball did not directly lead to the goal.

It's all rather ambiguous and tenuous though.
i.e. BOLLOCKS !

I actually prefer our refs to the CL refs who are worse and they make the game almost seem like a different sport to the Prem, but that doesn’t mean they’re actually any good. Something needs to change, but they’ve been vindicated this season as they got the result they wanted with who won the league...

It hit TAA's arm, and while it looked like handball to me, it wasn't given.

However, while he played on (as anyone should), City played the ball before the goal. It is an extreme stretch to say that TAA created a goalscoring opportunity.

There's a law and a referee who's job it is to decide if something is handball.
If it's not handball, yes. If it is handball, then no it can't.

The own penalty area is a red herring, and does not appear anywhere.
Ok. So it seems that the definition of handball is now purely subjective?

It hit TAA's arm, and while it looked like handball to me, it wasn't given.

However, while he played on (as anyone should), City played the ball before the goal. It is an extreme stretch to say that TAA created a goalscoring opportunity.

VAR steps in when the ball is out of play. From there you go back to the situation under review.
Bunesliga refs would have given penalty for TAA's clear handball and Liv's goal wouldn't stand.
It's easy really, in terms of rules.

We've had a match in Mainz when players had to get back from the locker room at HT as VAR took some time for a tricky hand penalty claim in the last moment before HT whistle.
Penalty went in, 6:35 min after the official HT whistle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.