UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All pure conjecture with no factual basis.

I don’t know what the outcome will be, no one posting on here knows (even the most well read or connected such as PB, River, TH).

No one in the press has a clue or ‘inside line’ on this one.

Waffa don’t know, The club don’t know, but these two will have a gut feeling - that may or may not be right.

I have walked into a court room very confident to to astonished at an outcome, I have been very pleasantly surprised too when I though a loss was on the cards.

You just never know - I think one poster put it best about 4 million posts ago when they said - ‘even when you have all the evidence required and think you have a winning position - you can still only be 70% sure at best.

Personally, I’m gonna sit back, enjoy some brilliant football, admire the likes of Foden and Garcia coming through the system and wait to see what happens.

Two years banned from Europe ? As fans we have been in worse places.

No one knows full stop.

I don’t know what the outcome will be, no one posting on here knows (even the most well read or connected such as PB, River, TH).

Waffa don’t know, The club don’t know, but these two will have a gut feeling - that may or may not be right.

I have walked into a court room very confident to to astonished at an outcome, I have been very pleasantly surprised too when I though a loss was on the cards.

You just never know - I think one poster put it best about 4 million posts ago when they said - ‘even when you have all the evidence required and think you have a winning position - you can still only be 70% sure at best.

Personally, I’m gonna sit back, enjoy some brilliant football, admire the likes of Foden and Garcia coming through the system and wait to see what happens.

No one knows full stop.
True, English clubs were banned for 5 years because of the behaviour of Liverpool fans. Not that city qualified in any of those years!

If they had it would no more be public than the details of the hearing itself. Look, I know nothing, you know nothing, we all know nothing, but there is nothing wrong trying to read between the lines.

I would think that either side could ask for a delay in announcement.

I don't for one minute think that it would happen without both sides agreeing.

No one knows full stop.

I think on procedural matters like this, you'd have a better gauge of whether your case will win or not. I don't think City take this to CAS unless we were confident the right procedure hadn't been followed. And CAS' original decision on our appeal (prematurity) even confirmed that the evidence they had received from us was still worrying. We planted the seed with that early appeal, probably knowing full well it was premature, but wanting to preclude UEFA's decision and already letting CAS know the process was flawed.

No one will be 100% sure of course, but if it all boils down to a hacked email (that other clubs put UEFA under pressure to investigate) then we should quite easily clear our name. I think this has all been down to the long list of clubs anti-City pressurising UEFA into taking action against us, without knowing or caring about the facts. There's a dodgy email so get them banned. From what we know, UEFA weren't even keen to take this ahead and hoped we'd just admit guilt and accept a lesser punishment. The way we've handled this, in a publicly aggressive manner, with our CFO going on record with "irrefutable evidence" and our manager consistently (since the hearing) referencing that we must qualify for the CL next season...it all points to the fact the club was confident and remains so.

Those that doubt our chances do so because we feel like we are constantly targeted and UEFA will somehow win. CAS doesn't work like that. It can't have an agenda.

Either way, let's win it this year and if we aren't in it then we can say we remain the unbeaten CL winners until we're back in it again!

Think I read somewhere the verdict was due a week today then moved to the Monday 13th,they wanted the 10th free because of the draws for the champions league and other things.

Cheers.
I wonder if that's guesswork, or just reported comment that a UEFA wonk has mentioned - either way, I expect CAS to be amenable only if City also agreed to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.