Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

I stand to be corrected but my memory of the game tells me the only opportunities that came Liverpools way were created by our mistakes. Our passing was very sloppy at times.
Yep, all of our own making. They certainly didn't cut through us playing intricate passing football.
Its been this way all season, we fail to take our chances most of the time (fairly clinical last night for a change), and then give away sloppy goals defensively, it's exactly why we are so far behind them (yes they've had some help), but most of it is down to our failings in certain games.

Its been very frustrating at times, yet we have played some brilliant football regularly.

Didn't we beat United by 19 points? After 38 games not 31.
I think we could easily win all remaining Premier League games and if they can't up their levels now it's won they may drop more points. They may not win it by 20+ points.
Still early for declaring them the best champions ever!
But when has common sense ever stopped the press spouting bullshit. I've not even read the article.

If they get 101 points they are the best premiership team if they don’t we are simples. Please god let some other teams take points off them.

Well I enjoyed that, a lot! Felt nice to pull their pants down and stop them getting carried away. Already, we are back in the headlines rather than their "incredible" season.

Got away with a lot of poor play, particularly from Gundogan who was fucking awful! Countless times he just passed the ball straight to them. But a good test and in the CL there aren't any teams who will press quite like that and yet we were still dominant last night. Good signs! Hopefully we retain that determination and go and win another treble. How the dippers will be seething if we do.

What fucking game were you watching , Gundogan awful ? You didnt see the through ball to Jesus that started the 2nd goal and countless other interceptions , he was the calmist player on the pitch and gave hardly anything away,

They are so one-dimensional it's untrue. Just high and hopeful long balls all game and feeding off the scraps.
When you really analyse down to their base tactics — not that most in the media are willing to do that — it is merely law of large numbers football: four players try the same simple, dull sequence over and over again in hopes of bludgeoning the opponent in to submission. It is very, very different to (Pep’s) intricate, calculating, shifting, cutting, integrative approach. And if the opposition are fairly good at aerial defending and pacey counters, their tactics fall completely flat and they have really no alternative to which they can (effectively) shift, apart from having the officials or the opposition bail them out.

It really is no coincidence that they have won 13 league games by only 1 goal this season.

If I was better versed in boxing I would insert a “we’re Muhammad Ali and they’re [lad who just punches wildly hoping to land one and still often strangely gets the decision from the judges]”.

If they get 101 points they are the best premiership team if they don’t we are simples. Please god let some other teams take points off them.
Nah. They would just be the team with the points record. The Centurions and the Fourmidables are the best becuase they played wonderful football whereas pool are just hoofballers.

I think other teams will. They tend to have the odd bad patch rather than the odd bad game, and they've not exactly been setting the game alight either side of the restart. They expound well to happy chappy klopp, but is suspect his depression and bitterness in the dressing room after last night will not give them much of a lift. Even if they do beat 100 points, it's hardly the same with a 3 month break just as the going gets tough.

Just an observation. I actually like Man United fans more than Liverpool fans.

Not gonna lie, Man United fans they like strongly HATE Liverpool. It funny how in their RedCafe forum every time City or Atletico score against Liverpool, they celebrated and went hahahaaaaaa make fun at Dippers for like 20+ pages straight, LOL. You just can see their enthusiasm, they totally enjoy seeing other teams kick Liver pool butt.
They went crazy in happiness last night seeing MCFC won 4-0 lol.

Here in Bluemoon reading around I do see "some" MCFC fans who defend Liverpool, but you don't see that in RedCafe, those Man United fans just hate Dippers so much, LOL.

I venture to say, beside us Everton fans, the team that hate Liverpool the most after us must be United lol. Never see a group of fans who went crazily happy every.time. Liverpool got beaten. It just funny, but I like them l, lol.

Match going fans do not hate the Dippers more , if you are not local to the football club you have no idea of the feelings of our supporter base , the Rags will always be the most despised by a country mile , they are scum.

Liverpool didn't/haven't competed on all fronts like we do, calling them the best side isn't just premature it's completely false.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.