#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can be very frustrating to watch, the offsides do my nut in. In his defence though, I think we look a better team with him in the side than with Aguero. That is not to say he is a better player than Serg because well, he just isn't but the team looks a lot more fluid up top when he is in the team. Liverpool do ok with a striker that doesnt score 30 goals a season, maybe we can do ok too.

Will play a big role for us till the end of the season.

As always, people are too quick to judge him harshly. He might be affected by what is unfolding in Brazil. But he will hit form soon. Outstanding talent. His fault is to compete with a huge fan favourite. For Pep he's already our first choice striker.

Will play a big role for us till the end of the season.

As always, people are too quick to judge him harshly. He might be affected by what is unfolding in Brazil. But he will hit form soon. Outstanding talent. His fault is to compete with a huge fan favourite. For Pep he's already our first choice striker.
Are you sure you meant to write that last sentence?...

Are you sure you meant to write that last sentence?...

Yes, that's my opinion. Sergio didn't start the biggest game of the season so far, the one in Madrid. He didn't start against Manure away in the cup which was also a very important game. We are more dynamic with Jesus and he will be picked ahead of Sergio for the big games from now on, except for some occasions at the Etihad when fans are allowed to go to games.

I predicted and argued several weeks before the game in Madrid that Sergio wasn't going to start there, and got a lot of flack for it. Actually, I'm probably the only member of this forum who predicted that none of Sergio and David was going to play in Madrid and that it would be good if we started without Fernandinho as well. Apparently, I can read Pep' s mind :) without, however, having any contact with him and his staff. Just common sense and logic. In high intensity games away from home Aguero isn't what he used to be. Gabby is the future. And he is much more talented than many on here realise.

Gabby needs a goal and needs to get it fast.

There’s no doubting that he’s a good player and a very useful member of the squad, the problem is that he’s competing with, and hoping to replace Sergio.

I still think he’s better suited to being a winger as opposed to a striker.

Stop making excuses for him. For where we want to be he is absolutely useless. Needs 10 chances to even hit the target let alone score. Always offside. No better than a Dominic Calvert Lewin, in fact he’s not as good as him.

Finishing - Horrific
Runs off the last shoulder - Horrific (always offside)
First touch - Horrific
Decision making - Horrific

Those 4 things there are arguably the most important thing from a top striker and he is sh*t in every department.

Get shut ASAP before he becomes completely worthless.

He’ll be fine. Top player, a goal will send him on a run I’ve no doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.