Thank You and Good Luck Leroy | Signs for Bayern

A very good player who gave us moments of brilliance and got us of our seats for a few seasons.

But that's all.

Not an icon. Not a legend. Not in the "greatest ever City player" discussion.

I wont give the kid a second thought but do wish him all the best.

Bayern fan over here. I think the deal was fair for both teams. I really wanted him t join us from Schalke years ago but our board are cheap ya know, but I'm still really excited about this transfer.
What do you guys think of him as a big game player? Does he show up when really needed?

I kinda didn't follow him much after his departure from Germany.

As a big game player, he definitely ticks that box. He has this sort of self assuredness that means he can step up in those moments. But with Leroy, there will be plenty of moments you will be frustrated with him. It's the little things like miscontrolling passes to him and bad touches that mean, despite his very good numbers, he's still quite inconsistent and after a year of not playing football you'll need to be patient with him.

Bayern fan over here. I think the deal was fair for both teams. I really wanted him t join us from Schalke years ago but our board are cheap ya know, but I'm still really excited about this transfer.
What do you guys think of him as a big game player? Does he show up when really needed?

I kinda didn't follow him much after his departure from Germany.
Definitely a big game player, but if he put in his box early has a tendency to sulk. For me jury is out if he will fulfil his potential. Cant see it at the minute and even less in a farmers league. You get better by testing yourself against the best week in week out. Bar Dortmund I dont see that much quality in Germany plus the way the league is a lot more open will help and hinder in equal measure - help his League stats but hinder his development in CL as teams dont give you the space to run into that Leroy needs, and invariably once hes failed a few times his head drops. Also dont see how he can improve going from the best coach in the world to someone who is hardly inspiring.

As a big game player, he definitely ticks that box. He has this sort of self assuredness that means he can step up in those moments. But with Leroy, there will be plenty of moments you will be frustrated with him. It's the little things like miscontrolling passes to him and bad touches that mean, despite his very good numbers, he's still quite inconsistent and after a year of not playing football you'll need to be patient with him.

I hope those issues resolve asap. He's young and still has room for improvement. Thanks for the reply.

Definitely a big game player, but if he put in his box early has a tendency to sulk. For me jury is out if he will fulfil his potential. Cant see it at the minute and even less in a farmers league. You get better by testing yourself against the best week in week out. Bar Dortmund I dont see that much quality in Germany plus the way the league is a lot more open will help and hinder in equal measure - help his League stats but hinder his development in CL as teams dont give you the space to run into that Leroy needs, and invariably once hes failed a few times his head drops. Also dont see how he can improve going from the best coach in the world to someone who is hardly inspiring.

I'm really excited to see him play with our current coach. Don't underestimate him because he's really making a name for himself. Making Pep numbers atm with us. So glad Leroy didn't come when we had Kovac.

Legend? My arse! Good, great player on his day. Pep had his reasons not to involve him that being down to being inconsistent I would imagine. Good luck to him, got his wishes, see ya!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.