City to give Liverpool guard of honour

Not one of their players acknowledged the City players. They just strode out, eyes fixed straight ahead. I was annoyed at the time at that. Compare that with our reaction to Swansea players and Chelsea's to Newcastle when they did those and both were acknowledged by the new champions. The Liverpool players showed no respect or acknowledgement whatsoever. There was no way that wasnt planned by them.

Nice on the pitch? You are having a giraffe,they are more dirty than Leeds and cheat much more than the rags!

Karen, every team tries to cheat, its all part of the modern game. You could say they benefitted with VAR, but that's had nothing to do with the players.

I'm glad they're so good, because now we get to see Pep in war mode. The upcoming season is going to be special.

We got right under their skin when we beat them to the title in 2014. They thought they’d won the league at Easter and we ended up with the trophy, and they’ll never forget it.

Then we went and beat them in the EFL Cup final.

Then we went and beat them to the title last season when they’d thought they’d won it at Christmas!

Both ours and their best atmospheres of the season are against each other these days n’all. At both grounds it’s been electric over the last 6 years. More so than United, Arsenal or Spurs for us, more so than United, Chelsea or Everton for them.

If we’re manufacturing this rivalry, why is it that the biggest games of both of our seasons are against each other?

This season, if we do end up finishing second, City and Liverpool have now finished as the top 2 more times than United and Liverpool have. City and United have also finished as the top 2 more times than United and Liverpool have. They’re the so-called biggest rivalry in English football yet little City have been up there with them separately more times than they have with each other!

My man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.