Phil Foden....no longer just potential

So glad he hasn't been loaned out *yet* to a Championship side. 3 or 4 years of coaching under Pep is worth far more than any play time at Championship level, and it shows. Just look at Chelsea's youngsters scattered all over the shop. You never hear of them again once they've been loaned out.

And what happens when Kev and Phil need a rest or get injured?

Bernardo rotates on the right with Mahrez, and we promote Doyle into Foden's role or keep Gundogan as I don't think Aouar would come and sit on the bench? There's just one too many players, unless it's someone like Havertz who would rotate in the front 3.

So glad he hasn't been loaned out *yet* to a Championship side. 3 or 4 years of coaching under Pep is worth far more than any play time at Championship level, and it shows. Just look at Chelsea's youngsters scattered all over the shop. You never hear of them again once they've been loaned out.

Whilst Sancho has been "sparkling", you can now see the emotional maturity that the likes of Foden and Garcia are developing with a phased and tailored development.

I've thought this for a long while. He shares a lot of similarities to Lampard, in terms of his ability to get into dangerous areas and score goals.

Foden, though, has the extra facet of skills like Gazza, that ability to play between the lines with his back to goal, drive directly at players.

That makes him a helluva player already.

And he's ours!
Will solve a few problems for England too.

Imagine how good he will be in five years time!

He will be City skipper one day and has the potential to become an all-time legend at this club.

I don't think Raheem can believe his luck? The pair have quickly developed a very quick understanding.

Saved us £60m in the transfer market this summer and we can use it to buy some proper defenders.
Just watching him in these last few weeks he has the lot Tolm.

He can run, pass, dribble & finish, he can also get stuck I.

New 6 year deal imo

I guess plenty of us have thought of Lampard when watching Phil because he looks as though he could rival Frank Jr for goal scoring achievements. I think he has a more natural eye for goal and is innately more technically gifted. Pep says Phil has a really good attitude and if he can match Lapmard in terms of commitment and mentality, he will be a huge success: it's how strong he is mentally that will determine how good he ends up being.

I firmly believe Pep has been a very clever boy in how he has handled Phil so far and it feels like next season will be the one where Phil becomes a regular starter.

The ghost of David Silva likes this post.

Reactions: OB1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.