Phil Foden....no longer just potential

I've thought this for a long while. He shares a lot of similarities to Lampard, in terms of his ability to get into dangerous areas and score goals.

Foden, though, has the extra facet of skills like Gazza, that ability to play between the lines with his back to goal, drive directly at players.

That makes him a helluva player already.

And he's ours!
I thought Gundagun looked great last night, he worked the ball with ease last night

Because he never went on loan to Burnley,you can see a part of the game he hasn’t,perfected,the precise HOOF ball to the touch line,deadball line,or goalkeepers hands.By perfecting this skill,during winter months he would warm the hands of fans in the back of the stands.Burnley awaits.

Because he never went on loan to Burnley,you can see a part of the game he hasn’t,perfected,the precise HOOF ball to the touch line,deadball line,or goalkeepers hands.By perfecting this skill,during winter months he would warm the hands of fans in the back of the stands.Burnley awaits.
Haha. Imagine Foden playing for sandpaper voice. Not sure Phil needs to grow a 6th finger at this stage of his career.

I've thought this for a long while. He shares a lot of similarities to Lampard, in terms of his ability to get into dangerous areas and score goals.

Foden, though, has the extra facet of skills like Gazza, that ability to play between the lines with his back to goal, drive directly at players.

That makes him a helluva player already.

And he's ours!

Interesting thing about Foden is he’s been held back and allowed to develop and learn. He’s now getting game time when he’s ready - for all the media snipping - too much football at an early age can limit development and it certainly can shorten a career. Foden is ready to be unleashed next season. I think Pep has handled him well.

How is Phil not nominated for player of the month (along with Kev of course) Saint Maxim has been nominated along with Ings and a couple of Wolves players.

He still is potential. No matter how good you think he is now, he's ceiling is still a way away. Which given his current levels of showing is a rather exciting idea.
How is Phil not nominated for player of the month (along with Kev of course) Saint Maxim has been nominated along with Ings and a couple of Wolves players.
I think it includes March.

For me at this age he’s all the best bits of Lampard and Owen. Still looks a child and is showing so much footballing intelligence.

Better than Silva is a big big call. Don’t think we will ever see a player who can dictate a game, control the ball and have the vision of Merlin
Different players though. And Merlin has to take some credit for nurturing Phil into the player he has become.
And Silva also has to take a lot of credit for controlling games in which Foden has belatedly scored either as a sub,or as in the example of Newport away where Silva passed the opposistion to death,until they tired,and Foden then went on lung busting runs to nick two goals and the man of the match award.

With some young players you just know they have it. Michael Johnson was probably the last player we had who was like that. We should be aiming to build our team around young local players

I think tommy Doyle will be the next one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.