Kalidou Koulibaly

Are you really comparing Koulibaly and Soyuncu?

One is World class the other isn’t even close...
Yes I am. Soyuncu is the better current footballer. World Class simply denotes a long history of excellence. I don't deny that. But that highlights the past. I'm trying to project the future. So the most recent performances are more important. Koulbaly has been a top defense for years. So yes, he has a stronger reputation. I
But in this season of 2019-2020 I think Soyuncu has been the better player. Don't confuse the 2 ideas.

I want the better player going forward, not the one who has been better in the past. This seems like the Bonnucci vs VVD discussion all over again when he was at Southampton. And some of us wanted him while others wanted Bonnucci... You know, because Bonnucci was World Class.

Soyuncu has been a better CB THIS season. Not historically, but this season. And I suspect that trend will continue into the future.

I think Soyuncu is a better player going forward ( I'm projecting he will be). Being younger is just an added benefit. He has all the qualities you want in a CB. Leader, physicality, ball skills and Size. And he is younger. So he can be here for 7 years instead of 2

How often do players stay at teams for 7 years?

We went down the longevity route by splashing £50 million on Stones and look how that ended up.

And Soyuncu is bang average and only got half a season of PL football under his belt.

How often do players stay at teams for 7 years?

We went down the longevity route by splashing £50 million on Stones and look how that ended up.

And Soyuncu is bang average and only got half a season of PL football under his belt.
We did it with Laporte too. And also Kompany. Look how those turned out? The anti-longetivity argument is not one worth trying. So let's skip it and focus on your real argument. You don't respect Soyuncu's talent. Most don't coz they haven't watched much of him.

From what I've seen, he'd be a better fit and a better player for us than Koulibaly...

@Tugay One Cup

This is a Salah v Soyuncu video. Watch him our pace Salah at least 3 times. By any measure Soyuncu is on the fast end of defenders. Coz we know Salah is no slouch.

Yes I am. Soyuncu is the better current footballer. World Class simply denotes a long history of excellence. I don't deny that. But that highlights the past. I'm trying to project the future. So the most recent performances are more important. Koulbaly has been a top defense for years. So yes, he has a stronger reputation. I
But in this season of 2019-2020 I think Soyuncu has been the better player. Don't confuse the 2 ideas.

I want the better player going forward, not the one who has been better in the past. This seems like the Bonnucci vs VVD discussion all over again when he was at Southampton. And some of us wanted him while others wanted Bonnucci... You know, because Bonnucci was World Class.

Soyuncu has been a better CB THIS season. Not historically, but this season. And I suspect that trend will continue into the future.

I made comparison between Koulibaly, Soyuncu & Virgil.
https://www.whoscored.com/PlayerComparison

Virgil has better numbers, while the remaining two are very close.

One suprise I noticed, for AerialsWon :

Virgil with 4.9 , Soyuncu 3.2 while Koulibaly has 2.1 ( Even though Soyuncu is 10cm shorter than Koulibaly )
Maybe Italians teams keeps the ball on the ground more :) , but its something to examine.

Soyuncu and Lewis Dunk over Kalidou Koulibaly. Jesus fucking Christ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.