Kalidou Koulibaly

I think Soyuncu is a better player going forward ( I'm projecting he will be). Being younger is just an added benefit. He has all the qualities you want in a CB. Leader, physicality, ball skills and Size. And he is younger. So he can be here for 7 years instead of 2
3-4 good years from Koulibaly would be ideal to go with the development of García.

Plus we made Syunchou look plainly average this season, I thought we gave their back four the complete run around in our two games with them.

For this season according to whoscored:

Soyuncu is rated the 8th best Central Defender amongst all Central Defenders who have played at least 15 games. Koulibaly is ranked 81st!

By the way, that's behind every single City defense not named John Stones. So Otamendi, Dihno and Laporte are all better. Also, Kourt Zouma, Nattan Ake, Lewis Dunk, Smalling, Bashan, O'Connell to name but just a few in the 80 names ranked ahead of Koulibaly for this season.

It does us all no service to pretend reputation and performance are one and the same.
Who scored ratings , lol

I’ll use my eyes thanks and Soyuncu isn’t fit to lace Koulibalys boots

We did it with Laporte too. And also Kompany. Look how those turned out? The anti-longetivity argument is not one worth trying. So let's skip it and focus on your real argument. You don't respect Soyuncu's talent. Most don't coz they haven't watched much of him.

From what I've seen, he'd be a better fit and a better player for us than Koulibaly...

Perhaps many people haven’t got a good understanding of Soyuncu because he’s only been playing regular PL football for 8 months.

The anti-longevity argument is definitely valid when your advocating signing an average CB at the expense of one of the stand out CBs in Europe and use longevity as a factor.

For me, me don’t need signings to hit their peak in 3/4 years time. We need top quality now to get back to the top of the PL.

Koulibaly and Aubameyang are the two players we should be all over this summer.

I can’t pretend to have seen much of Koulibaly but from what I have seen, he looks great. Perhaps I’ve just been unlucky but every time I have see Soyuncu, he looks bang average.

Who scored ratings , lol

I’ll use my eyes thanks and Soyuncu isn’t fit to lace Koulibalys boots
Yes, your eyes says Koulibaly. Mines says Soyuncu. But every measuring site says Soyuncu. Sure, let's take your eyes over that of others and impartial metrics.

Perhaps many people haven’t got a good understanding of Soyuncu because he’s only been playing regular PL football for 8 months.

The anti-longevity argument is definitely valid when your advocating signing an average CB at the expense of one of the stand out CBs in Europe and use longevity as a factor.

For me, me don’t need signings to hit their peak in 3/4 years time. We need top quality now to get back to the top of the PL.

Koulibaly and Aubameyang are the two players we should be all over this summer.
If this season is instructive, then Koulibaly is not at his peak anymore. How should we evaluate that?

Should his reputation supercede his current performance?

I can’t pretend to have seen much of Koulibaly but from what I have seen, he looks great. Perhaps I’ve just been unlucky but every time I have see Soyuncu, he looks bang average.
Fair point. I'd agree with this last year too. But every time I've seen Koulibaly this season, he's been bang average. Sometimes Mangala-esque. Granted, I've seen him in years past look dominant. Haven't seen any such performances this year.

Can anyone point me to a dominant Koulibaly performance this season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.