Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

That horrid **** Robertson was exposed so badly last night, his positioning was schoolboy class at best, loved Watching Foden and the rest Annihilating the fuck pig....!

I’m not a fan of this utter ****, hope it comes across well ..

Yes rushing out like a school boy when Phil played his one-two for his goal.

What's weird is that there's this way of playing football in England that works generally poorly elsewhere but can do wonders in England.

If you have a hard working team of physically big/strong players who can defend decently and you have attacking players with a lot of technical skill, then you can get a lot of success. If you look at United and Liverpool, or recently Tottenham between 2016-2019, or even Leicester when they won the title, there's this distinct pattern where it's just a physically impressive team with solid defenders and skillful attackers making the difference.

This and last season Liverpool have been dominant physically. Their big players are colossal and everyone else is Tevez-esque. United have huge players thanks to Mourinho. They also now have a front 5 who in my opinion collectively are more skillful than Liverpool's, and they win more penalties than Crystal Palace could even dream of. If they can sign a top quality LB and DM, on top of the usual favours they'd get, don't be surprised to see them magically shithouse their way up the table next season.

Well, it's the favours in the physicality department that help. Ultimately, Liverpool are just Ferguson's Rags with inverted wingers. Just a stage further than they went with Ronaldo on the left. That just means they turn Robertson and TAA into Giggs and Beckham equivalents on the flanks, and just pump the ball in the box and let it drop, the skill just means they can stick it in from 30 yards, and when that fails, they just cheat and get away with it.

It's an easier and less complicated system to play, and just relies on physical endurance and sheer will, it's a destructive system with the press so it means you have to be on your game to play against them technically, and if you're not good enough to do that you'll get ground down and then screwed if necessary to get them over the line.

Clearly a different game to you then. Checked the stats from the game and he didn't make a single interception though, but technically countless would still be right! He was awful under the press in the first half, kept giving it away. His pass completion was 87% when he's usually up at 96%. Given time on the ball he is quality, his pass to Jesus was good (but you'd expect him to make it). Just my observation. We didn't start well under their high press and he was the main reason. But it's irrelevant as we battered them!

post the stats , 2nd request

What's weird is that there's this way of playing football in England that works generally poorly elsewhere but can do wonders in England.

If you have a hard working team of physically big/strong players who can defend decently and you have attacking players with a lot of technical skill, then you can get a lot of success. If you look at United and Liverpool, or recently Tottenham between 2016-2019, or even Leicester when they won the title, there's this distinct pattern where it's just a physically impressive team with solid defenders and skillful attackers making the difference.

This and last season Liverpool have been dominant physically. Their big players are colossal and everyone else is Tevez-esque. United have huge players thanks to Mourinho. They also now have a front 5 who in my opinion collectively are more skillful than Liverpool's, and they win more penalties than Crystal Palace could even dream of. If they can sign a top quality LB and DM, on top of the usual favours they'd get, don't be surprised to see them magically shithouse their way up the table next season.
I know what you mean, but they've just not got much depth of quality past much of the first 11 for me. I'd say you're worrying a bit too much (understandably so though).

They're got a decent first 11, who on their day is a match for most.

They're OK for keepers and if that Mason Greenwood progresses maybe I'll be more worried, but Rushforward and Igloo over a full season aren't great as your best front two (even with all the penalty boosted stats). Martial is hit and miss and Daniel James? Youtube Jesse?

Their central defence, past that bloke with a breezeblock for a head and Lindelof is full of comedy characters who are full of errors and have one good game in 5, and their midfield's the same. Fred? Mata? McTommyknee? Decent, but shit really

Worry not, next season I reckon they'll get helped into the proper Europe cup but they're not a team who are good enough to be helped to the title.
Liverpool are a good team who received help and won, there aren't any other team who are good enough to win it, even with help...

IMO

With Laporte fit again , Mendy starting to look like the full back we signed , and if we can get a top class centre back we will be right back in the hunt for the title , as many have said our defence has cost us the title , Pep will have this sorted in the next couple of months. If the Dippers were a great footballing side who swept everything in front of them away i would be concerned
But they have ground out results on many occasions and threw cup competitions to win their title , credit were its due , the three water carriers they have in midfield have done a job , and the Winbledon 1990 tactics have been very productive , but they feed off their crowd (pushing players into advertising hoardings etc.,) and if the game continues behind closed doors they will be badly affected , where as we are used to playing in front of empty seats :) and are technically on a different level from Klippety's over achievers.
Don’t say mendy is starting to look like a proper full because every time that happens he Fucks up .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.