Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

Wonder what Pep said to klopp as they shook hands etc at the end of game. Pep definately can be seen saying something but klopps reaction afterwards was like a quick double look back with a stern face

Funny if Pep had a quick backhanded compliment
He said, hows it feel to have your heavy metal drowned out by a sublime orchestra.

1)I know what you mean, but they've just not got much depth of quality past much of the first 11 for me. I'd say you're worrying a bit too much (understandably so though).

They're got a decent first 11, who on their day is a match for most.

They're OK for keepers and if that Mason Greenwood progresses maybe I'll be more worried, but Rushforward and Igloo over a full season aren't great as your best front two (even with all the penalty boosted stats). Martial is hit and miss and Daniel James? Youtube Jesse?

2) Their central defence, past that bloke with a breezeblock for a head and Lindelof is full of comedy characters who are full of errors and have one good game in 5, and their midfield's the same. Fred? Mata? McTommyknee? Decent, but shit really

3) Worry not, next season I reckon they'll get helped into the proper Europe cup but they're not a team who are good enough to be helped to the title.
Liverpool are a good team who received help and won, there aren't any other team who are good enough to win it, even with help...

IMO

Overall I reckon you'll be right. But just for the sake of discussion:

1) Yeah they're weak past the 1st 11 outside of GK and maybe up on the wings if they splash out on Sancho. But then with the exception of a couple of players Liverpool are very weak past their 1st 11. If United prioritise on two competitions like Liverpool do and magically retain fitness like Liverpool do then it may not matter past their 1st 11.

2) Yeah they have decent CBs, a very good defensive RB and Shaw who is alright going forwards and technically sound defensively, albeit dumb as a rock. If they could develop a sense of cohesion and get a really good defensive midfielder in (ie not McTominay or the ever ageing Matic. Or Fred) then they could develop solidity. Fernandes and Pogba are both excellent technically in an attacking sense. Neither can control a game, but given how physically dominant United can be they can bypass the issue like Liverpool do.

3) Ultimately you'll be right. They lack a top manager, and Liverpool have a certain something extra with their pressing. But a lot of league football isn't about how good you are, it's about how well you can beat the teams weaker than you and pick up bonus points here and there. United are starting to play a certain way that for some reason works brilliantly here. Fortunately the fact they're obsessed with playing youth teamers will see superfluous rotation and on top of that they're unlikely to sign a relevant DM so their CBs will continue to let them down.

Refusing to clap for black players? WTF?
Don't argue with them. You know Liverpool fans are the arbiters of what's racist.

Not racist:
_109320043_suarez_getty.jpg

Racist:

Eb8jZrfWsAI92Ny-c81f-e1593729679498.jpeg

I bet even his coffee was white, the racist bastard.

I wouldnt imagine there is much respect from city to liverpool. I wont list them as we all know what they are.

Is one of the reasons because they are cult followed by a shower of entitled sketchy ne'er do wells ?

Overall I reckon you'll be right. But just for the sake of discussion:

1) Yeah they're weak past the 1st 11 outside of GK and maybe up on the wings if they splash out on Sancho. But then with the exception of a couple of players Liverpool are very weak past their 1st 11. If United prioritise on two competitions like Liverpool do and magically retain fitness like Liverpool do then it may not matter past their 1st 11.

2) Yeah they have decent CBs, a very good defensive RB and Shaw who is alright going forwards and technically sound defensively, albeit dumb as a rock. If they could develop a sense of cohesion and get a really good defensive midfielder in (ie not McTominay or the ever ageing Matic. Or Fred) then they could develop solidity. Fernandes and Pogba are both excellent technically in an attacking sense. Neither can control a game, but given how physically dominant United can be they can bypass the issue like Liverpool do.

3) Ultimately you'll be right. They lack a top manager, and Liverpool have a certain something extra with their pressing. But a lot of league football isn't about how good you are, it's about how well you can beat the teams weaker than you and pick up bonus points here and there. United are starting to play a certain way that for some reason works brilliantly here. Fortunately the fact they're obsessed with playing youth teamers will see superfluous rotation and on top of that they're unlikely to sign a relevant DM so their CBs will continue to let them down.
The thing with the rags is that while they've got good players in most positions in their first eleven, I don't think they've got a single genuinely world class player. De Gea maybe a couple of seasons ago, but errors have crept into his game. Pogba has the profile of a world class player, and maybe even the raw talent, but only shows in one game in five. Perhaps this Fernandes bloke might be, but it's going to take more than 8 games to prove that. Whereas us and Liverpool both have multiple players in the starting eleven that you could reasonably say are amongst the best in the world in their position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.