UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For myself I'd say you've nailed it on the head.

I don't actually have a scooby but I'm hoping that if I agree with one of you, you'll all stop banging on about it :)

A and/or B maybe But C makes absolutely no sense
C makes complete sense to the 80 % of UEFA executives who are trying to modernise their organisation but not to the corrupt 20% who make up the G14 group

I don't see the Koulibaly deal not getting done, regardless of the verdict.
Ok, I think I need to spend more time in the transfer forum. I didn’t even realise Koulibaly was a deal we were working on. I always assumed he was just top of the Bluemoon wish list. Nice! Could be a special partnership with Laporte.

It is a belief expressed to a couple of their media circle in the aftermath of the game.

City certainly won't have said anything directly.

It is an opinion they have formed, seemingly over the last few days and from the Etihad visit.

Pep has also been bullish and we will likely see stuff on that before this weekend is out.

I'm offering nothing more than potential encouragement, still don't have a Scooby what the ultimate verdict will be.
It's hard to know where Liverpool FC PR ends and the media starts.

Whilst I would tend to agree mate and we must not get carried away, my own personal opinion (FWIW) is that this whole thing has been gamed-out for months.

A multi-billion pound business cannot risk its entire model and reputation on a 50/50 verdict over a three-day arbitration hearing.

Bluffs and counter-bluffs have been called, but in reality, there is surely too much damage involved for pragmatism to have not come to the fore way before now?

It is absolute folly and bravado at best to have not reached a suitable settlement beforehand, unless..

A) our evidence is so clear cut it should have been evident to CAS.

B) It was in someone's interests to have let it go this far.

C) A deal was done months ago behind the scenes by the real power brokers and City are complicit.

If it is none of the above and our appeal is not upheld, then we have been stupid beyond belief, irrespective of our own conviction at innocence.

Plenty of innocent people have been imprisoned.

I don't really care which one we are, only that we beat this charge and we've not just bet it all on black at the turn of a wheel.
I can certainly believe that City wanted this in front of an independent body. I know that those with legal expertise doubt that, but there’s a huge game of politics at play here and that’s a different game. City want this done in the open. Soriano’s and Ceferin’s comments suggest a new relationship with UEFA to come. Of course the late 20th century dinosaurs and their won’t be happy and maybe a split will ensue. The power will be with us though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.