Mason Holgate

Some quotes from Everton forum reacting to Holgate-Stones swap rumours
£110M with Stones
£99M without Stones

==
If someone went to Liverpool and asked for Gomez they would be quoted stupid money. Holgate is better and younger. In no way should we be thinking about selling him. I've been a huge fan of his pretty much since he started playing for us. The kid is destined for great things, I'd love it if it was with us.

==
I think he will be an be England international. It probably would have happened already but for the virus interruption.
He’s our best CB and coming on leaps and bounds. I’d be pretty devastated if we sold him. Especially when we are just starting to look like we can actually defend as a team.

==
Give him the armband next season. There is almost no competition for it, aside from perhaps Gomes.

==
Selling now would be madness. Another season like he’s been playing, and there’s a chance he’s off to the Euros with England. Not exactly difficult to see him beating out the likes of Maguire, Mings, and Stones. From there, his price would rocket up.

==
Holgate was almost certainly getting a call up and now linked to City to start alongside Laporte.
Hes also likely to be our next captain as hes full of drive and passion (which you say he lacks) and comes across as someone who wants to win at all costs.
When i think of where Holgate was 1 year ago and where he is now...then i imagine if he improves at the same pace over the next 1 year...
His potential is frightening.

He's fantastic at bringing the ball out and has bags of confidence. I'm not sure who @ArdwickAlbert has been watching but I'm not sure it's Holgate...
Friend is an Everton fan and has been raving about him for a while. So yes I do know who and what I’m talking about. I’ve seen more to be perturbed about than enthused. Passing out of defence has been poor and a lot of indiscriminate balls into touch. We all have opinions and mine is that there better players of better value out there.

Bang average, would much rather give Garcia and THB some gametime. Both are way bigger talents. I’d say maybe even Tosin would be better

?? I thought we already had two young CB’s,we need a top class CB
As well, we still need a back up centre back seems to be Holgate instead of Ake. Which is fine. Laporte, Koulibaly, Garcia, Holgate/Ake. Loan for Harwood Bellis then he can come back when Fernandinho leaves probably next summer.

I must admit I was impressed with him before the break in the season. I hadn't thought of him for City but I saw a few Everton games where he was the stand out player.

Stones and Otamendi look certain to leave. If we get Koulibaly as our first choice to partner Laporte then there's still a slot for another defender. I was pleased that we were linked with Ake for that spot, Holgate is a bit ot a curve ball. Interesting to see if there's any truth in it.

Everton would demand a huge fee for a player that makes us no better. Non starter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.