Wearing the shirt !

Wear what you want, when you want. Except for scarves. Can't stand them, especially when the the fucker in front of me waves one in my face every time we score.

My son often buys me a shirt which I sometimes wear without embarassment, despite being an FOC, when out and about. Wear the scarf in winter. The rags shirt has disappeared from my area, which is a surprise given that we are only 50 miles from the swamp and those glory hunters are so loyal. "Yeah, been supporting them since the second division days"

I don’t like the English view that adults shouldn’t wear them. Go to the football, show your colours and stop taking yourself too seriously.

I went to watch Dortmund a couple of years ago on a gloriously sunny Saturday afternoon and almost all of them were in yellow home shirts (of all eras) or black away shirts. It looked incredible inside the stadium with 80,000 wearing colours.

Remember the semi against United at Wembley when the full end seemed to be sky blue? Again, it looked amazing.
Going to be match is usually coupled with a full day (and often a full night too) out in Town on the piss. You can’t get into some pubs even in the afternoon wearing a football shirt, or even a football scarf (some places will let you in if you remove the scarf); never mind the places we’d end up in at nighttime.

I always make sure I wear a sky blue jumper or polo t-shirt when at Wembley and if it’s a big day like winning the league, but I never wear a football shirt, and for all other games I wear whatever I pull out of my wardrobe to suit the weather that particular day in whatever colour it happens to be.

Away from the game, I’ll maybe wear one of the two City shirts I own (the 1989 maroon Umbro/Brother away shirt and the recent 125 YEARS shirt) when knocking about around the house but don’t wear them outdoors.

I don’t see football shirts as clothing you wear in any other setting than playing footy or lounging about at home, because they’re sporting or lounging wear, they’re not casual wear.

I’m not saying others shouldn’t wear them, that’s just my preference for what I see as suitable clothing for me to wear in public.

Going to be match is usually coupled with a full day (and often a full night too) out in Town on the piss. You can’t get into some pubs even in the afternoon wearing a football shirt, or even a football scarf (some places will let you in if you remove the scarf); never mind the places we’d end up in at nighttime.

I always make sure I wear a sky blue jumper or polo t-shirt when at Wembley and if it’s a big day like winning the league, but I never wear a football shirt, and for all other games I wear whatever I pull out of my wardrobe to suit the weather that particular day in whatever colour it happens to be.

Away from the game, I’ll maybe wear one of the two City shirts I own (the 1989 maroon Umbro/Brother away shirt and the recent 125 YEARS shirt) when knocking about around the house but don’t wear them outdoors.

I don’t see football shirts as clothing you wear in any other setting than playing footy or lounging about at home, because they’re sporting or lounging wear, they’re not casual wear.

I’m not saying others shouldn’t wear them, that’s just my preference for what I see as suitable clothing for me to wear in public.
I agree with what you're saying about attending matches - up to 21, I lived in Manchester and given that I never knew where I'd end up on a Saturday night so never wore one but now I take my boys, we all wear shirts.

There is a sneering towards people who wear colours from certain circles and I can’t stand that. Wearing my team shirt is the nearest I’ll ever get to the dream job of professional footballer.

That's have some fun :)

At what age should you stop wearing your City shirt when out and about not going to a match ? Or should we never stop ?

I bought the 125yr shirt which I love but I put it on and think ' bloody hell Gordon you look to old for that ' lol

I am 59 and a half !

No age limit. If yer want to wear, wear it. Fuck the rest of the world.

When I was younger, I couldn't afford a shirt, and I think that was the same for many of my generation. Today I wear one with pride going to the match, am 62, if you want to wear a shirt do so with pride, if you don't want to then don't, it doesn't matter, so long as you support City, as above FTROTW.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.