Phil Foden....no longer just potential

Woooo this thread is getting me excited. Hopefully he can get close to Lampards goal contribution but he's a slightly different player for me. Phil can drive and dribble with the ball in a way i don't remember Lampard doing. Although he gets the Silva comparison he's not really like him either. He has a similar glide around the pitch but he is much more direct than Silva.

The most recent city player i liken him to is actually Yaya without the physical bulk. Probably eats less cake. Can pass and shoot and has an audacity that is rare to see in a player of any age but particular rare to see the consistency of it in a player so young.

If everything goes well hopefully we will in 10-15 years describing players as Fodenesque.

He isn't similar to Lampard or Toure imo.

Imo he's more like a combination of the two Silvas but with more pace and more goal threat.

He "glides" and jinks in a very similar manner to both players.

I'd honestly give it just 2 years, some of the kids in the youth setup are (all things being equal) destined for very good careers.
Of course Sancho came through those youth ranks as well with Man United interest, England caps and a £100m valuation. Pep has ruled out a move for him, but I would be interested to know your opinion and your thoughts of his career and how it would compare to the others in our youth ranks that you know about.

Imo he's more like a combination of the two Silvas but with more pace and more goal threat.

The closest English player to Phil in fairly recent times Is Joe Cole IMHO. Phil is more of a goal scorer.

Of course Sancho came through those youth ranks as well with Man United interest, England caps and a £100m valuation. Pep has ruled out a move for him, but I would be interested to know your opinion and your thoughts of his career and how it would compare to the others in our youth ranks that you know about.
I'm up in Scotland bud and don't get to see the youth much anymore (sadly, thanks a lot City :( ) Someone like @twosips or @nellyonthewing I think would be better placed to answer your questions.

Hes only the second player that has what I would decibe as having the ability to run off with the ball and other players not being able to get it off him.
The only other player with a style like that was, Gazza

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.