The "let's talk" thread

I’m sitting on a house that’s 100% paid for that I can’t sell. I want out of London badly and I can’t afford to move until it’s sold. It’ll go quickly but due to these times then we can’t plausibly sell it. My mum’s having to look after me at the moment to ensure I eat! It’s so frustrating.

Depressed. Anxious. Stressed. Furloughed. Lockdown. When it rains it pours, hey?

In the absence of any training as a counsellor or experience of psychology all I can offer are crap meaningless soundbites that make no difference whatsoever but here goes.

Just think, when we come through this (and we will by the way, that part is genuine) you will be able to look back and think that you can actually cope with anything.

And yes, I am well aware that that's not how depression and anxiety works but it's all I've got right now....

I had a dreadful spell when I was 25 which included leaving the house with the express intention to commit suicide. I walked for hours and found myself in Didsbury. I then got the bus to the airport. To this day, I’ve no idea why. I somehow ended up back home and then stopped going in to work after that. I had a short spell in hospital too.

Thankfully the opportunity to escape came up and I started afresh elsewhere. I think what kept me going was the determination that I’d get through it. I know what I want now and hopefully I’ll be in an apartment outside of the south east by Autumn.

It’s beginning to get to me. We’ve lost a good friend today. The mum of one of my old players.

I’m starting to get scared.
Sorry to hear that,it is closer to everyone now,all you can do is stick to the rules and nag your friends and family to do the same,also remember most people get mild to moderate illness and many with no symptoms at all

at the moment I just want to hug my son. He is in York. We aren't and can't travel to him. I worry that if I get the virus it will be curtains to me. I just want to hug him and tell him that like his sister he is everything to me.
That’s hard reading, but you know it’s for the best.

And you can still tell him. Nothing stopping you doing that.

I have asthma, mechanical heart valve and I'm 67.
Scared to go out really.
Miss my sons and little grandson.

I’m having around a two hour nap daily when things are getting on top of me. I tend to wake up refreshed and more positive. I’m sleeping a bit better too.

I’ve not had a drink since 1st March too which is excellent. I’m not supposed to drink on my medication so I’ll keep that up until the course is over. Incidentally, does anyone know how long I’m likely to be on them? It’s one 20mg Citalopram daily. I’ve got 28 at the moment.

My focus is on my future. I’ll have money to spend in a few months and am looking at flats to buy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.