BBC Top 30 sporting moments of the past 20 years - Vote for Aguero

Final Results: Aguero 5th

1st
Andy Murray winning Wimbledon 2013 (22%)
2nd England win first rugby World Cup in 2003 (18%)
3rd England win first cricket Wold Cup in 2019 (12%)
4th Leicester win Premier League in 2016 (9%)
5th Aguero's last minute winner vs QPR in 2012 (7%)

The clue is in the word moment surely? Aguero and Wilkinson surely top 2 “moments”, the cricket World Cup maybe third?

oops it’s over?

Final Results: Aguero 5th

1st
Andy Murray winning Wimbledon 2013 (22%)
2nd England win first rugby World Cup in 2003 (18%)
3rd England win first cricket Wold Cup in 2019 (12%)
4th Leicester win Premier League in 2016 (9%)
5th Aguero's last minute winner vs QPR in 2012 (7%)

The first 4 are clearly not moments.

There are some serious imbeciles in this country.

The first 4 are clearly not moments.

There are some serious imbeciles in this country.
Stolen from the comments

312. Posted by coldupnorth
on 38 minutes ago
I said to the wife I was going out for a moment. I came back 9 months later. She said “you said you were popping out for a moment and you were out 9 months?!?!?!” I said “if you can class Leicester winning the league over 9 months as a moment”. The best sporting moment of the 20th century was Aguero’s goal, pretty much all other “moments” were actually sporting events

To play devils advocate you could argue the final whistle the last run the match point were all moments. The actual moment when it was won. I think greatest sporting climax aguero pisses it.

Things like this do my head in!

Johnny Wilkinson, Ben Stokes and Kun Agüero are clearly all great sporting moments... all the players watching tele round Vardy’s house when Chelsea got a draw against Spurs is not even a sporting moment, never mind a great one.

And another thing that gets on me tits is the BBC’s obsession with pushing minority and women’s sports when nobody gives a shit.

Look at the percentage of votes for these minority and women’s sports... 0%, 0%, 0%, 0%, 0%, 0%

Rugby League gets 1.5m through the various gates over the course of the season. All these minority sports put together don’t get that in a year. Yet rugby league barely ever gets a mention on BBC News/Sport.

Even the Grand Final that’ll have a 70,000 attendance only gets a small mention on the BBC News Sport section and it’s always after something like some women’s cricket game that had an attendance of 6.

Cant say I'm suprised about the top 2. Both wonderful moments in British sport. I think Wilkinson's kick is better than Murray winning Wimbeldon though myself.
P.S. I voted Aguero.

Who gives a fuck about tennis and athletics??

I'm sixty one years old and never in my life have I heard 'I'm off to the tennis this weekend' or I'm off to the athlectics this weekend' in my life. Now I'm very much Northern stock so maybe thats a part of it but Andy Murray!! Fuck off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.