UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever there's a bullish sentiment coming from the club and the informed on here, I tend to err to the more pessimistic side (as normal), so I'm psychologically preparing for a lifetime ban and relegation to the National league north so I'll be pleasantly surprised hopefully come the verdict.

Says it all when we're worrying about this because of a hack to persecute a technicality, when if the same was done to certain other clubs they could be relegated without need of a trial.

This is every blue hahahah wouldn't have us any other way.

Open top bus parade, league cup, CAS verdict and an outside chance of the FA cup too parades through the city centre.

Tag line : Won fair and square.....
Outside chance? We're playing Arsenal in the semis you know.

And you forgot CL winners too.

Whilst I would tend to agree mate and we must not get carried away, my own personal opinion (FWIW) is that this whole thing has been gamed-out for months.
A multi-billion pound business cannot risk its entire model and reputation on a 50/50 verdict over a three-day arbitration hearing.
Bluffs and counter-bluffs have been called, but in reality, there is surely too much damage involved for pragmatism to have not come to the fore way before now?
It is absolute folly and bravado at best to have not reached a suitable settlement beforehand, unless..
A) our evidence is so clear cut it should have been evident to CAS.
B) It was in someone's interests to have let it go this far.
C) A deal was done months ago behind the scenes by the real power brokers and City are complicit.
If it is none of the above and our appeal is not upheld, then we have been stupid beyond belief, irrespective of our own conviction at innocence.
Plenty of innocent people have been imprisoned.
I don't really care which one we are, only that we beat this charge and we've not just bet it all on black at the turn of a wheel.
A and/or B maybe But C makes absolutely no sense
C) makes no sense to me either. If a deal had been done then no need for CAS to be involved?

C makes complete sense to the 80 % of UEFA executives who are trying to modernise their organisation but not to the corrupt 20% who make up the G14 group
I agree with your point but think it is more like 60 per cent to 40 per cent. When you look at the Board of the European Clubs Association (ECA) which is the only clubs' body recognised by UEFA and has huge influence with UEFA including the way the CL is organised you can really see the problem.
There are numerous people with roles on both bodies and the 15-man executive Board of the ECA includes at least 10 people who are very hostile to our club. For example it includes reps from Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG (Al Khelaifi from Qatar), United (Ed Woodward), Arsenal, Liverpool (Peter Moore), Barcelona, and two reps from Bayern (including Rummenigge)
There is no place for City at the top table and all the cards are stacked against us. The ECA is the re-incarnation of the former G14 group except it is even more corrupt than the old group. Football governance is in a mess and the battle to clean up UEFA will be long and bloody.

I know nothing about how CAS works, but could it be possible that when UEFA heard our irrefutable evidence that we did nothing wrong. They then agreed we had nothing to answer, but we still have to wait for the CAS report before announcing the good news.

Hence the good vibes that are coming out of the club.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.