come on who will be in their local this weekend

All taking names and addresses and confining to tables etc, better off with a hip flask in the bookies watching all the sport and the two classic races today. No brainer.

My local was empty when I walked by before. One car in the car park and couldn’t see anyone inside through numerous windows. Usually 50-70 on a sat afternoon.

Been for a wander round Birmingham this afternoon. Most decent restaurants open, most decent pubs closed.

Know quite a few decent operators who say they're delaying by a week, to see what happens. Sensible, if you can afford it.

Only one pub I spotted, the Briar Rose, with a queue outside it. Certainly much quieter than a normal Saturday afternoon.

Going to be a long road back, I fear.

Last edited:
I tell you what’s going to be interesting: businesses who can’t reopen and be compliant with the COVID-guidelines, when landlords subsequently try to evict for non-payment of rent for the lockdown period. The tenants have got to have a legal case, in the interests of justice, surely? There has to be revised contractual law around this, from a COVID-consequent litigation point of view.

Tenants can’t have their businesses taken from them because they’ve tried to protect lives by complying with the government guidelines. That would be both absurd and outrageous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.