TV Fixture Changes 2019/20

Ha ha ha ha ... when did they become this intelligent or concerned about such fair play ... more like the only thing they'd be calculating is how to schedule the scousers games (and their opponents) in a way that gives them the most advantage in going for all the City records they can break ... doesn't anyone remember Christmas/New Year scheduling, where not only we got less time than them for each game but their every next opponent was made sure had a day less rest than them in that run and having played a tough game right before playing them ...
Certain teams do seem to be having longer breaks than others in between games almost as if some are being given an advantage

Watford on a Tuesday? Not so helpful with Cup semi on the Saturday before - I assumed it would be the Wednesday

Wednesday is for Liverpool ... so they get a whole week between Wednesday and Wednesday Arsenal and Chelsea games ... Arsenal made to play Spurs on Sunday before and Chelsea have United in semi the next Sunday before ...

I didn't use to buy into any of these conspiracy theories about FA or the PL helping out some and what not (including refs) but this whole season how it's gone, from earlier VAR decisions and ref appointments and scheduling at ALL times has absolutely always been to as if first choice for them whatever helps them the most, next how to hurt their next opponents so they go into their fixtures after tougher games or less time etc. and then finally everyone else can fall wherever else ... every. single. time ... this has happened whenever fixtures have come out, or ref appointments etc etc ... VAR and PL with scheduling stopped being too obvious after giving them a decent lead that they couldn't bungle around January and then straight away we saw them wobble in Feb/Mar ...

Wednesday is for Liverpool ... so they get a whole week between Wednesday and Wednesday Arsenal and Chelsea games ... Arsenal made to play Spurs on Sunday before and Chelsea have United in semi the next Sunday before ...

I didn't use to buy into any of these conspiracy theories about FA or the PL helping out some and what not (including refs) but this whole season how it's gone, from earlier VAR decisions and ref appointments and scheduling at ALL times has absolutely always been to as if first choice for them whatever helps them the most, next how to hurt their next opponents so they go into their fixtures after tougher games or less time etc. and then finally everyone else can fall wherever else ... every. single. time ... this has happened whenever fixtures have come out, or ref appointments etc etc ... VAR and PL with scheduling stopped being too obvious after giving them a decent lead that they couldn't bungle around January and then straight away we saw them wobble in Feb/Mar ...
There are four PL games rescheduled as four teams are playing in the FA Cup semi finals. The two teams playing in the fa cup on Saturday (city and arsenal) are playing on the Tuesday, and the two teams playing in the fa cup on the Sunday (United and Chelsea) play on the Wednesday.

I'm struggling to see the conspiracy.

There are four PL games rescheduled as four teams are playing in the FA Cup semi finals. The two teams playing in the fa cup on Saturday (city and arsenal) are playing on the Tuesday, and the two teams playing in the fa cup on the Sunday (United and Chelsea) play on the Wednesday.

That would be because there isn’t one.the desire to find a conspiracy in every single little thing is both boring and quite alarming.

Yeah agree, it will always happen going to the latter stages of cups, we get more matches and tighter togther.

The games we have got left aren't hard of paper either.

My point was us for us and Arsenal, cos we play Tuesday, it clear days before our midweek games, then clear 4 days to our last match on the Sunday. What I was saying was what’s wrong with a 3 /3 split instead?
Even if TV grumble about all 4 playing on the Wed, then make the midweek games Wed/Thurs instead of Tues/Wed - that would benefit all 4 of the cup teams - it’s the cup games where there’s a risk of 120 mins of play and the recovery time is needed.
Just common sense that - imho

My point was us for us and Arsenal, cos we play Tuesday, it clear days before our midweek games, then clear 4 days to our last match on the Sunday. What I was saying was what’s wrong with a 3 /3 split instead?
Even if TV grumble about all 4 playing on the Wed, then make the midweek games Wed/Thurs instead of Tues/Wed - that would benefit all 4 of the cup teams - it’s the cup games where there’s a risk of 120 mins of play and the recovery time is needed.
Just common sense that - imho
The games are only taking place because of TV. It would be more than a grumble.

I'd suggest a bit of common sense for yourself. You can't be that naïve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.