Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

I watched the game again this morning, a few things caught my eye.

One was how often they by pass the midfield, knowing we play the high line it was long ball after long ball, almost Wimbledon esq but without the big man

Two, was if you get at the full backs it totally nullifys them as an attacking unit.

Three, how shit is Allison, the best goalkeeper in the whole wide world, he didn't get near any of the goals, the Mahrez disallowed goal was shocking keeping, almost de gea standards, beaten at his near post, finally how many clearances did he slice into the stands under no pressure at all, dog shit.

Of all the wankathons over dipper players, the Allison one baffles me the most.

I've never, ever seen him make a save he shouldn't make.

I've never seen him be particularly commanding in the air on set pieces.

I've never seen him be particularly good with his feet.

I've never watched him and had one of those "fuck me he's some player" moments.

I just dont get all the fuss.

If he was still at Roma, you'd never hear a peep about him.

The scousers that I know (None of them from Liverpool) have gone silent, they were genuinely shocked into silence how the best team ever in the 'istree of the world got tonked by City.

The scousers that I know (None of them from Liverpool) have gone silent, they were genuinely shocked into silence how the best team ever in the 'istree of the world got tonked by City.
One decent mickey i know came and said to me yesterday, ''Thanks for the footballing lesson last night.''
Not a fucking peep out of the plastic ones though.

Of all the wankathons over dipper players, the Allison one baffles me the most.

I've never, ever seen him make a save he shouldn't make.

I've never seen him be particularly commanding in the air on set pieces.

I've never seen him be particularly good with his feet.

I've never watched him and had one of those "fuck me he's some player" moments.

I just dont get all the fuss.

If he was still at Roma, you'd never hear a peep about him.
I'd be half decent in net with Van dijk in front of me.

The ability to handle defeat eludes most teams. I have endured many years of being laughed at and ridiculed for my City connection but recognise my late dad's observation that being a City fan is character building.
Not sure such advice will help Shankly followers but having to contend with a real heavy defeat by a recognised opponent may be too much for some of them.

I think a period of coming to terms with the reality will take place rather than the brazen invitation for others to take the piss ( my usual old City reaction when results bad).

I do hope they can see in the long term that the media built this expectation and perhaps an appeal to the fa or.a petition to make a heavy loss illegal may help.

I did fear the worst when he came charging out like a school boy at Foden I thought he was going to take Foden out. But Foden turned brilliantly and slotted it away like a season pro
Reminded me when Messi nutmegged Milner on the touchline, east stand, one European game. Comparing Phil to Messi, who would have thought it.

One decent mickey i know came and said to me yesterday, ''Thanks for the footballing lesson last night.''
Not a fucking peep out of the plastic ones though.
The only response i got was that City raised their game because the crowd noise was louder. Everyone skulked away.I not posted anything to them since the game, my lack of response and indifference is killing them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.