The "let's talk" thread

Feeling down, been like it for most of week. Compounded by knowing that planned from December, I along with Mrs JASR and 3/4 of the ‘kids’, should be settling into an apartment overlooking the sea in Dubrovnik at this moment.
In comparison to many other peoples issues, the above isn’t much of a downer.
But it’s on top of a lot of things, Mrs JASR’s complex PTSD being the biggie, and my year and half undiagnosed medical issues... just looked forward to getting away , chilling and not thinking about much for a couple of weeks.

it’s been off since April, but it’s now reached the departure date...
Not feeling a happy chappy at all.

Feeling down, been like it for most of week. Compounded by knowing that planned from December, I along with Mrs JASR and 3/4 of the ‘kids’, should be settling into an apartment overlooking the sea in Dubrovnik at this moment.
In comparison to many other peoples issues, the above isn’t much of a downer.
But it’s on top of a lot of things, Mrs JASR’s complex PTSD being the biggie, and my year and half undiagnosed medical issues... just looked forward to getting away , chilling and not thinking about much for a couple of weeks.

it’s been off since April, but it’s now reached the departure date...
Not feeling a happy chappy at all.

It's a nuisance isn't it? I should have been in Germany in early June!!

It's a nuisance isn't it? I should have been in Germany in early June!!
Missed out on two big cruises, visiting 14 countries and 23 cities.
Got a Hawaiian cruise booked next April but that's probably not gonna happen either.
My hobby is travelling really, I don't do much else, except play guitar.
I'm shite at sports, golf etc.
Here we are retired, have money, have time..... can't go anywhere. :(
Curse those fucking markets.
I'm not really complaining, I know there's many worse off than me.
But, it's frustrating. And boring.

Been struggling for ages ,losing silva has killed me,i am really highly aware that people are losing people so I didn't want to be insensitive and wail about a cat,in my world where I can literally go months without seeing anyone except delivery men and the dr,she was my person if you see what I mean,I miss constant cuddling and something else living and breathing in the house,i went completely off my head last time ,i am really trying not to do that again

Where to start with covid,in hospital again a couple of weeks ago because it has damaged my lungs and I couldn't breathe,I get breathless doing the simple things,I am scared to sleep at night as I think I will stop breathing,I sleep early mornings and half the days,some nights I don't sleep at all then like yesterday 15hrs,i do stupid things to ease the pain that I don't want to talk about

You may have noticed my lol has all but disappeared,i am trying ,i really am,on my own it has been tough,those of you of my age on your own and not healthy will know what it is like,it is awful

The second I broke my shoulder my health has gone from one bad thing to another,i fear I am never going to get back to where I was,anyway I didn't expect to lay all this out but there you have it

I was enjoying getting out with some of you and going to games,i hope that comes around again

Anyway,enough about me

Just watched ‘About a boy’

resonates on too many levels , especially when plumbing the depths.
When ok, it’s fine, and happy film to watch , but when down... it ticks too many boxes.

Just watched ‘About a boy’

resonates on too many levels , especially when plumbing the depths.
When ok, it’s fine, and happy film to watch , but when down... it ticks too many boxes.
Mental health is something that is all too often overlooked. We tend to bottle a lot of sh*t up. It's really difficult to talk about it, as there is often a huge stigma attached.

I very rarely talk about my past, but I know I have unresolved issues. I can't walk past a butchers shop without being reminded of more than a few grizzly moments. It's the smell that gets me. I don't think I'm anywhere near some of the people I've worked with. One guy was on about 5 different med's and seeing a councillor twice a week for about 6 months. He openly admitted to me that he fanaticised about killing the boss, which did scare the sh*t out of me at the time, even though I knew he wouldn't.

It's making feel sh*t even typing this, but I'm okay with it. For me I can have a moment, then I'm back on my game and it very rarely gets any worse than that. I've had a few sleepless nights and bad dreams but I think I cope okay in general. I'm probably kidding myself in all honesty, but it seems to work for me. I'll probably take my issues to the grave with me.

At least I can admit I have issues, but I also know I can cope with them in general. If it ever did start to affect me or my family, then I know I would have to do something about it.

I decided to seek help from a nutritional therapist who has a particular interest in autism spectrum disorders. As well as poor microbiome diversity, she believes I have a damaged vagus nerve from severe anxiety/possible trauma and methylation problems.

My mind is always blank/fuzzy, I can’t remember anything and my focus is appalling. I’m already eager for this day to end.

Been struggling for ages ,losing silva has killed me,i am really highly aware that people are losing people so I didn't want to be insensitive and wail about a cat,in my world where I can literally go months without seeing anyone except delivery men and the dr,she was my person if you see what I mean,I miss constant cuddling and something else living and breathing in the house,i went completely off my head last time ,i am really trying not to do that again

Where to start with covid,in hospital again a couple of weeks ago because it has damaged my lungs and I couldn't breathe,I get breathless doing the simple things,I am scared to sleep at night as I think I will stop breathing,I sleep early mornings and half the days,some nights I don't sleep at all then like yesterday 15hrs,i do stupid things to ease the pain that I don't want to talk about

You may have noticed my lol has all but disappeared,i am trying ,i really am,on my own it has been tough,those of you of my age on your own and not healthy will know what it is like,it is awful

The second I broke my shoulder my health has gone from one bad thing to another,i fear I am never going to get back to where I was,anyway I didn't expect to lay all this out but there you have it

I was enjoying getting out with some of you and going to games,i hope that comes around again

Anyway,enough about me
This is a tough read, you have a lot going on. Perhaps a Silva2 would help after all City have 2 and Bernado is turning into a character of his own.Good luck.

I decided to seek help from a nutritional therapist who has a particular interest in autism spectrum disorders. As well as poor microbiome diversity, she believes I have a damaged vagus nerve from severe anxiety/possible trauma and methylation problems.

My mind is always blank/fuzzy, I can’t remember anything and my focus is appalling. I’m already eager for this day to end.

Heart goes out to you mate. Hope you get all the help you need/deserve.

I’ve busted my foot just when I had a week’s work
arranged to get business back up and running. It’s a minor setback in the bigger picture of things. I got over to see my mum last week for the first time in 3 or 4 months that has helped to put me at ease.

FWIW, if there are people I know in my locality who I think may be suffering then I just pop round to see them and I try to cheer them up. Sometimes they don’t bother getting out of bed when I turn up but I won’t hold that against them lol. They probably think oh no it’s that c@nt again?

I had a big clear out at the start of the lockdown and managed to help a few people who were isolated by giving them my old smart phones or football shirts that were never going to fit me again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.