Phil Foden....no longer just potential

The closest English player to Phil in fairly recent times Is Joe Cole IMHO. Phil is more of a goal scorer.

Definitely quicker than Cole and with a better engine, more versatile too.

He's a mixture of Kevin and Dave but more of a goalscorer than them. Unique talent.

He's a mixture of Kevin and Dave but more of a goalscorer than them. Unique talent.
Early days but I think he will completely eclipse the achievements of Joe Cole, no offence to Joe, a great player, but Phil is a once in a generation player

He'll have less pressure on him from the media now that the spotlight is going to be firmly fixed on Greenwood.

Early days but I think he will completely eclipse the achievements of Joe Cole, no offence to Joe, a great player, but Phil is a once in a generation player

I hope Phil does eclipse Joe Cole’s achievements and then that would mean major honours with England’s first team as well as much more success with City. Part of the reason I highlighted Cole was because Phil is the most heralded English player since Joe, although we didn’t have the same 24 hour media coverage back then.

I have been really impressed with how Phil has enhanced his game since his first cameos for City a couple of years ago. Initially, Phil stood a bit too close to his marker who could manhandle him
(at the time). Phil was also dropping very deep to ask for the ball off defenders (as though he was still in the youth team) who were accomplished enough to find teammates further up the pitch. Phil is now getting himself in lost jobs to really hurt the opposition and he’s much stronger to ride challenges too. I’ve only seen the turn of pace Phil
Has shown in the last few games and long may it continue. I’m confident it’s not just a reflection of exploiting opponents whose fitness has faltered during the lockdown.

Fair points and I’ve very impressed with Phil. That said, Phil will have to show his current form year in year out and he’s a long way off justifying a comparison with KDB.

Foden is the future
He scores Assists and links the play up
He defends from the front
He is gonna score 15 premier league goals next year
All he needs is games now just keep playing him

Watched The Big Match yesterday morning , Arsenal v West Ham, Bolton v Hull and Man Utd v Newcastle. With Brian Moore and a youthful Trevor Brooking post match discussion. Apart from some fantastic players from the past, they discussed in detail a young kid of 20,Alan Devonshire, who i think they said had played 9 games for West Ham. He had a good game and the comment was if he continued to learn, he would be a good footballer. Well they got that one right, turned out to be a class act
We don't realise the pressure we put on kids to perform these days. Foden is doing well, he's competing against talent from around the world and he's getting game time. The risk for us is that the media blow him up into some sort of God and then look to shoot him down. I'm happy with the way he's progressing, i'm happy with the way Pep is managing him and if he turns out like Alan Devonshire or better , he'll do for me. I'm also happy that he is a local lad that has his feet on the ground and might stay with us for years to come

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.