Wigan Athletic deducted 3 points (P33)

Wonder what they did with all the cash when the robbing bastards charged City fans £40 a pop 13 seasons ago. Fuck 'em.
Actually it probably bit them on the arse as a lot of Blues didn't go. Wish I'd also boycotted as they beat us 4-0. But fuck 'em anyway.

Wonder what they did with all the cash when the robbing bastards charged City fans £40 a pop 13 seasons ago. Fuck 'em.
Actually it probably bit them on the arse as a lot of Blues didn't go. Wish I'd also boycotted as they beat us 4-0. But fuck 'em anyway.
Was that the game when Dunny Monster and Distin had a nightmare and Emile Heskey ran rings around them for the 1st half hour?

Last edited:
Do you remember the mid-week game away at Birmingham a few years prior that seemed to tip the pricing over the £40 mark (if I remember correctly?

Didn't Heskey score then as well after about 5 minutes and that was pretty much the only'highlight' in the game?

We were gash.......

Do you remember the mid-week game away at Birmingham a few years prior that seemed to tip the pricing over the £40 mark (if I remember correctly?
Didn't Heskey score then as well after about 5 minutes and that was pretty much the only'highlight' in the game?
We were gash.......
I remember a night game at Brum with £40 tickets but don't recall anything about the match even though I was there.

Not sure about Heskey but our defence were all over the place.
Checked on this match on Wiki and I was right. Heskey scored after a minute and Dunney own goaled after 3 minutes(nothing new there then).
And Wigan got 2 more in the 2nd half.
Amazing how much things have changed for both clubs in the ensuing 14 years. You couldn't make it up to be honest.

We were gash.......
I went to the brimingham game and the wigan game when they both overcharged.
The Birmingham game was early in the season and the 1st or 2nd away away game. Think we played Liverpool the game before or game after if memory serves

Not long ago all four divisions were won by north west clubs in the same season.
The league used to have plenty of room for Bury, Stockport doing well, Oldham and Bolton enjoying seasons at the top level, Chester and Macc getting on ok. It’s the financial model and indeed financial behaviour of some clubs which is the problem, not being located in what is after all a football mad region.
Rochdale, Stockport, Bury, Macclesfield, Rags won PL, Oldham, Wigan, Bolton. All got promoted from their respective divisions one season. Only City had nothing to celebrate that year. Cant remember what year it was, except Jimmy Wagg having on orgasm about it on GMR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.