COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regional case numbers added today up again Though up everywhere not just NW.

London + 38 North East + 8 West MIdlands + 63 Yorks & Humber + 110

North West + 115 (up from 94 yesterday)
It actually looks like testing is picking up more numbers than cases spreading as the predicted case numbers have tumbled by 1000-1500 during the week.

London lockdown anyone?

Don't see any issue here whatsoever. Small groups of people enjoying a drink outside where the risk is practically nil. More at risk of a car running them over or a nutter stabbing them. So predictable this forum, no doubt people will be talking about the upcoming spike from super Saturday for the next 2 weeks until nothing happens.

Complete bollox.
MASKS PROTECT OTHERS FROM THE WEARER.
10% less chance of you catching it but only with good don/doff technique. With bad technique this can reduce to zero.
If 80% of people wear them in encosed areas then then there is a 20% reduction of others catching it from a wearer of a bandana to 55% reduction of others catching it from the wearer of a surgical mask.
N95 masks let the air out so dont protect others from the wearer but protect the wearer pretty well.
This was some of the research that changed every health services mind in April.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2468042720300117?via=ihub
Research as of last week ups the figures to stop infection of others to 80%
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...s-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent
Sadly no where near 80% in the UK and US are wearing them.
Then compare Czechia (masks from 23rd March) with Auatria (masks from 6th April). For two countries with similar population demographics and density who were both a similar position on the 22nd March, Czechia adopted masks and as a result new cases crashed 80% in a week. 2 weeks later Austria had twice the number of cases (and evrntually twice the number of deaths before Austria adopted masks and new cases fell 90% in a week.
https://www.sciencetimes.com/articl...us-cases-requiring-people-wear-face-masks.htm
Then there is the far east. Countries using masks do well and those that don't in the Americas and Western Europe do badly by comparison.
https://www.sfgate.com/science/amp/Still-unclear-on-the-value-of-masks-Let-the-pee-15238760.php

EDIT: To correct Czechia and Austria mask dates.

Ok no problem, you do you.

There is no scientific paper that supports this.

Under 70 years of age, disease to death 0.004%.

Don't see any issue here whatsoever. Small groups of people enjoying a drink outside where the risk is practically nil. More at risk of a car running them over or a nutter stabbing them. So predictable this forum, no doubt people will be talking about the upcoming spike from super Saturday for the next 2 weeks until nothing happens.
I'm seeing the whole thing as a huge medical experiment and would like those who are in the pub today for taking part. If we have no spike in 3-4 weeks time I'll start going to the pub myself.

I'm seeing the whole thing as a huge medical experiment and would like those who are in the pub today for taking part. If we have no spike in 3-4 weeks time I'll start going to the pub myself.

Not in any rush myself to be honest, not because I'm worried about catching the virus as the chances of that are very slim, just doesn't seem appealing with the new regulations. Might go for a meal or something but don't fancy a night out or all day drinking session.

Ok no problem, you do you.

There is no scientific paper that supports this.

Under 70 years of age, disease to death 0.004%.
Supports what?
I agree that wearing a mask doesnt protect the wearer much. What it does do is protect everyone else from the wearer.
Plenty of research out there to support this fact.
The Yale report last week upped the protection level to 80%.from 55% (surgical type mask).

Last edited:
Turn it in. No one is having a pop at you because you feel it's safe to venture out. Some, like me and others feel differently and are a little more cautious. Live and let live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.