Trevor Christie

IIRC it was Frizzell who offloaded Earl Barrett on the cheap to Oldham, Barrett went on to have a much better career than City over the following decade.
Was it now, we released or sold for cheap other players around that time that went onto to have a good career and better than us at the time.

Barrett was 35k wasn't it?

Christ who were the others I'm thinking of? Dementia is a realistic possibility in my future, so frustrating tbh.

Was it now, we released or sold for cheap other players around that time that went onto to have a good career and better than us at the time.

Christ who were the others I'm thinking of? Dementia is a realistic possibility in my future, so frustrating tbh.
Paul Warhurst and Neil Lennon both had good careers but they were sold after Frizzell.

Eric Nixon free
Baker free
Wilson 255k probably a decent fee back then, maybe lol

Simpson as well the same season as Warhurst but as you said those happened a season or 2 later on.

Bloody memory

I thought Barrett was £15k from the reserves but the sell on was a third so City got £500k when he went to Villa. There was a bit of uproar in the papers at the time that City didn't desreve the money from the villa deal.

Eric Nixon free
Baker free
Wilson 255k probably a decent fee back then, maybe lol

Simpson as well the same season as Warhurst but as you said those happened a season or 2 later on.

Bloody memory
John Beresford another. Gerry Taggart a few years later, the Hinchcliffe and then Michael Hughes. We would have had a brilliant team if we had kept most of the quality youth players that came through 85-90. Sure there are some others I’ve missed too.

John Beresford another. Gerry Taggart a few years later, the Hinchcliffe and then Michael Hughes. We would have had a brilliant team if we had kept most of the quality youth players that came through 85-90. Sure there are some others I’ve missed too.

Oh yes, Gerry Taggart was the other I was thinking about.

I hated selling Michael Hughes 3.5m or something close to Marseille or a french team at least lol

I thought Barrett was £15k from the reserves but the sell on was a third so City got £500k when he went to Villa. There was a bit of uproar in the papers at the time that City didn't desreve the money from the villa deal.

He may well have been 15k but read the bit about dementia memory lol telling you it is getting worse on a yearly basis and it doesn't say on wiki lol

Oh yes, Gerry Taggart was the other I was thinking about.

I hated selling Michael Hughes 3.5m or something close to Marseille or a french team at least lol

It was to Strasbourg and it bloody well annoyed me at the time as well. Especially when you think who his replacement was!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.