Kalidou Koulibaly

Mixing both experience and youthful enthusiasm is what we need. We need an experienced CB at the back. Koulibaly absolutely is that, I'd rather spend 60m on a guy who definitely can guarantee a higher level than taking a risk on another John Stones type.

I’d actually keep Stones as 3rd choice CB if we sign Koulibaly.

Stones partnered with Laporte or Koulibaly is a good player.

Stones partnered with Otamendi or Garcia is an accident waiting to happen.

Wouldn’t be against it, but Stones might, he’s still an England player and only 26 and will want to establish himself somewhere, if we buy Koulibaly he’ll know he has to move. Anyway Garcia could well have moved ahead as right centre back cover , it’s left side cover we really need, that isn’t Stones.

Mixing both experience and youthful enthusiasm is what we need. We need an experienced CB at the back. Koulibaly absolutely is that, I'd rather spend 60m on a guy who definitely can guarantee a higher level than taking a risk on another John Stones type.
That's why we have Fernandinho to help the young lads for the next 12 months minimum.

I think Stones is finished, he is dead to Pep I think. He has a 19yr old ahead of him, Fernandinho and Otamendi. I don’t think there is any chance he stays.

Did you watch Stones against Palace at home? The lad has done well for us in the past but we need to be sure he’s mentally up to playing at the highest level because recently he’s looked a bit all over the place.

Napoli's what?
It doesn't make much sense.

Arsenal's not good enough.
Manchester United's not good enough.
Mustafi's, Luiz's, Xhaka's not good enough.

Manchester United is not good enough.
Arsenal is not good enough.
Mustafi, Luiz, Xhaka is not good enough.

Mustafi, Luiz, Xhaka are not good enough.
Arsenal are not good enough.
They all is fuckin shite

That's why we have Fernandinho to help the young lads for the next 12 months minimum.
Laporte is not an experienced CB, he can't be the leader of a back-line.

we bought Laporte at 23 but Stones failed so time to change it up.

lol

I might have has it backwards 3rd on Whoscored and 1st on Squakwa. The point being he was phenomenal that year.

75 million was excessive. As no one had paid that much before. But it was clear to me and many others that he was the best defender available anywhere in the world.

This is now obvious to everyone. But at the time about 70% of the folks here wanted and preferred Bonnucci.

It's quite clear what side of that argument had it wrong.
Bonucci was tried and tested back then and wouldn’t cost 75M so it’s not a fair comparison. Literally nobody could’ve predicted Van Dijk will be this good, except maybe Liverpool. If you think City knew he’d be this good, don’t you think they would’ve paid up the money?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.