UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're the second to make that leap. He said it went the opposite way to what he thought (it would), not the opposite way to what he wanted. His secret is safe.
I would argue the fact he was surprised by the result and followed that with la Hope it’s gone better than last time has given the game away.

I would argue the fact he was surprised by the result and followed that with la Hope it’s gone better than last time has given the game away.
Yes, it is a bad habit here to ignore what a poster actually says, but read into it some other meaning.

They will know before the public - maybe on 9/10 July(?) but everything I have seen including Pep's answer to the CAS question in the most recent press conference suggests they don't know yet. He was folding his arms, covering his face etc. I don't think they know. They may have a gut feeling (and it may well be positive) but I don't think they know yet.

I'd think Guardiola won't know until after his last interview prior to the announcement - just to avoid a slip during the inevitable questions.

This seems to outline the process that the CAS take. I’m guessing we’re under Section C, starting about half way down the page.

https://www.tas-cas.org/en/arbitration/code-procedural-rules.html

Within this, R59 then seems to explain the process for how it all plays out regarding announcements etc.

Interesting, thanks for sharing that.

it notes the decision is made known to the parties before the official release of the decision (and at that point becomes binding). Doesn't however say how far in advance or how close.

So in theory, the club Could know. I personally doubt they do, i would imagine that 'advance' would be a week or even a few days before. But no time is specified, so could be a month before in theory.

Thereafter the written part and full justification can be realeased up to 3 months after the verdict statement, as i understand it, and is only made public if both parties agree.

it notes the decision is made known to the parties before the official release of the decision (and at that point becomes binding). Doesn't however say how far in advance or how close.

So in theory, the club Could know. I personally doubt they do, i would imagine that 'advance' would be a week or even a few days before. But no time is specified, so could be a month before in theory.

Thereafter the written part and full justification can be realeased up to 3 months after the verdict statement, as i understand it, and is only made public if both parties agree.

So we could lose without any of us having a scooby doo what it is we've done. Seems fair.

hes not the best at hiding things, and he's answered alot lately that champions league is confirmed, maybe im reading too much into it, I personally think they already know.

Nope, they don't know. If UEFA knew then it would be in the media. They are not the best at keeping secrets as we know.

I'd guess that the decision was already made & signed off by the CAS President when they confirmed the date they would be releasing it. That seems to suggest the decision would have been made the week before last, if not earlier. Therefore it's quite possible that the club could already know.

Also we have no idea what actually happened at CAS. It's possible UEFA (despite what some hacks were saying) only really presented the Der Spiegel stories as their main evidence. Maybe the CAS panel asked if that was it, and whether they had any direct evidence of these allegations, with UEFA saying they had nothing else. Or something else may have happened there that made UEFA look like complete dicks.

Nope, they don't know. If UEFA knew then it would be in the media. They are not the best at keeping secrets as we know.

You can say that with no more certainty though.

I agree with you, i think they don't know. But that isn't a given that some claim it definitely is.

The only certainty is there is no certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.