Phil Foden....no longer just potential

He is no Greenwood though is he as can be seen by the media at the moment.....

My old scouse mate (80) phoned me the day after to congratulate us on the win (well I had bought him a bottle of single malt whiskey to celebrate their title win), then the most bizarre conversation took place.

Him - " tell you what, that young lad, what a player he is, he's going to go far, and he's been with the club since he was a kid and come up through the ranks, marvelous to see",
Me - "yeah he's something else isn't he",
Him - " he is, I think Trent will definitely have his work cut out keeping that right back spot".

So yes, you guessed it, Foden puts in a performance like that, and HE was talking about their kid Williams (who I do actually rate highly) little cameo, luckily, I think the world of the guy so didn't pull him up on having such a deluded and one eyed view, but I did have a little smirk on my face.

Watched The Big Match yesterday morning , Arsenal v West Ham, Bolton v Hull and Man Utd v Newcastle. With Brian Moore and a youthful Trevor Brooking post match discussion. Apart from some fantastic players from the past, they discussed in detail a young kid of 20,Alan Devonshire, who i think they said had played 9 games for West Ham. He had a good game and the comment was if he continued to learn, he would be a good footballer. Well they got that one right, turned out to be a class act
We don't realise the pressure we put on kids to perform these days. Foden is doing well, he's competing against talent from around the world and he's getting game time. The risk for us is that the media blow him up into some sort of God and then look to shoot him down. I'm happy with the way he's progressing, i'm happy with the way Pep is managing him and if he turns out like Alan Devonshire or better , he'll do for me. I'm also happy that he is a local lad that has his feet on the ground and might stay with us for years to come
Alan Devonshire - what a player he was, pure class. My favourite non City player growing up.

Where do you see Phil playing most in future?
He could play in a "false 9" position,
Central attacking midfielder
Wide right
Wide left
Box to box or even as a deep lying playmaker

All these "superstar" kids that are coming from the scum academy will always get favourable attention from the media and nothing is going to change.
Foden and greenwood will probably be called into the England squad at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.