Running thread

I live in the middle of nowhere and there are cows all over the place. Often, they are literally on the road - dozens of them.

Did you know that you are 40 times more likely to be killed by a cow than by a bull? This is especially the case if they have young. Many people have been trampled by cows. They can run fast and will work together to surround you. They can turn quickly. If one of them decides to butt you or barge you, you stand no chance.

It's even unsettling when a herd in a field decides to run alongside me: some of them tactically run ahead (they are faster than me) whilst some wait a bit behind. This is part of their group strategy to surround the person. If I was in the field, I'd end up in the middle of them with no way out.

When they are on the road, I don't take the risk; I turn around and change my route. I've heard too many horror stories.

I believe there are areas where they are a lot more used to humans and so are more tame. For instance, there's a Parkrun in Newcastle that goes straight through a field of cows with no problems. But in more remote areas, it can be a lot more dangerous.

Anyway, sounds like you had an adventure at least!

Christ. Walked through a field of cows in Alderley Edge 2 weeks ago. Told my fearful son that it's bulls one needs to worry about not lovely cows. They were all sat in the middle of the field watching over us as we kept to the fence after climbing the stocks.
Will consider a different route next time.

Apologies for the politically incorrect post, but made me chuckle that the pikeys have descended upon Heaton Park, on the Sheepfoot Lane car park, be interesting to see how long it takes to move them.

Apologies for the politically incorrect post, but made me chuckle that the pikeys have descended upon Heaton Park, on the Sheepfoot Lane car park, be interesting to see how long it takes to move them.
Found it ironic that within minutes of them arriving, I was actually in that car park as they began arriving, the Sir Howard Bernstein and another Manchester City councillor had remarked on Facebook that they were being dealt with yet they can’t seem to manage to sort out the homeless in the city centre out.

Found it ironic that within minutes of them arriving, I was actually in that car park as they began arriving, the Sir Howard Bernstein and another Manchester City councillor had remarked on Facebook that they were being dealt with yet they can’t seem to manage to sort out the homeless in the city centre out.
Made me laugh that they all had their washing hung out, as per, yet it was fucking pissing it down all day.

I've bought some kettlebells as I absolutely hate running.

I have just started doing the following circuit:

• 8 Halos (each side)
  • 10 Goblet Squats
  • 8 Overhead Presses (each side)
  • 15 Kettlebell Swings
  • 8 Bent Over Rows (each side)
  • 6 Front Rack Reverse Lunge (per side)
I do the above 3 times.

Is that OK you think? This is just to get the body moving and hopefully burn off some of the lockdown pounds.

I've bought some kettlebells as I absolutely hate running.

I have just started doing the following circuit:

• 8 Halos (each side)
  • 10 Goblet Squats
  • 8 Overhead Presses (each side)
  • 15 Kettlebell Swings
  • 8 Bent Over Rows (each side)
  • 6 Front Rack Reverse Lunge (per side)
I do the above 3 times.

Is that OK you think? This is just to get the body moving and hopefully burn off some of the lockdown pounds.

Love Kettlebells...one of my go to's as soon as I enter a gym.

Not sure if you know about this guy but worth looking into if no. He brought the kettlebells over to the west. Few decent podcasts on Joe Rogan worth listening too.

https://www.strongfirst.com/about/pavel-tsatsouline/

They’ve been moved on, lol. Today’s excitement, the enormous tree that had blown over in front of the cafe, would have killed anyone under that when it went, cafe lucky too as it could have wiped out their roof.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.