Running thread

I've bought some kettlebells as I absolutely hate running.

I have just started doing the following circuit:

• 8 Halos (each side)
  • 10 Goblet Squats
  • 8 Overhead Presses (each side)
  • 15 Kettlebell Swings
  • 8 Bent Over Rows (each side)
  • 6 Front Rack Reverse Lunge (per side)
I do the above 3 times.

Is that OK you think? This is just to get the body moving and hopefully burn off some of the lockdown pounds.
So you've posted in a running thread to explicitly post about things other than running?

Just done my longest ever distance. 15 miles at low intensity. Confused though had a few days rest but couldn’t keep my heart rate down like last week even though it was a slightly slower pace. My average heart beat was 133 last weeks 13 mile run but was 148 today. Pace was 9 mins 56 per mile last week and 10 mins 43 today.
Comfortable run though although the last couple of miles my legs were starting to seize up.

Since getting the bug again I've been building up the distances as well as doing sprint intervals.

Did my first half marathon for a couple of years but at a sedate pace trying to keep my heart rate in the 70%-80% zone. Didn't quite achieve the HR goal but still managed to clock a 1:57:46. Target for the year is to get a sub 1:50 training HM in and then target a 1:45 in a formal race. Just wish EHM in Warrington was on as it's a cracking route.

That was absolutely brilliant! I can't walk after a marathon, never mind go out for another run.
That second run seems to have done the trick, mad as it seems!! It was either that or the copius amounts of cider I drank last night!!
Legs feel fine today, went out for a little 3 and a half miler just to keep the legs moving.

That second run seems to have done the trick, mad as it seems!! It was either that or the copius amounts of cider I drank last night!!
Legs feel fine today, went out for a little 3 and a half miler just to keep the legs moving.

Fair play. Different breed marathon runners. Never had the yearning to do a marathon - too much sacrifice required.

Ran a 22k today in just under 2 hours. Followed my HR all the way round to keep it under 135, which required slowing down in patches of the run, which was fine until the latter stages where it creeped up to plus 140.

Must admit I feel pretty refreshed now and running slower, again, significantly added to the enjoyment.

Looking forward to a fast 5k this week just to know I have that capacity in the legs after a lot of slow work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.