Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

I thought Cancelo did well. That error did Zinchencko in.

What did he do well? 2 good crosses. His defending was dire. Every ball hoofed by their keeper was flicked on in his zone with little pressure and mostly found their other striker. Walker would have stopped that instantly.

yeah in second half . Only attacking outlet him and Dave linking up
With absolutely nothing to aim at.
No movement in the box.
Taking Raheem off was a mistake.
At least he makes the run and usually pulls two players with him.

Their box was packed and nobody was pulling them out of position.

74% possession, 24 shots to 8 - we played ok and worked hard. I think tonight showed a passing of the guard in the middle - Ferna and Merlin looked just a little slow. Maybe we miss Rodri and Gundogan more than many think. Jesus needs a goal and I want to see more from Mahrez who didn't impact the game at all. Bernardo and Jesus worked hard and are both out of form but it must be tough getting a rhythm with all the rotation.

Saints battled well, it was one of those days that we could have played another half hour and not scored but we definitely need a centre half and a striker who has the instinct to get in the right place and score the tap ins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.