Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

It's hard to know where to start. Just before the goal I was thinking, "Why is Ederson so far up the field?_ then bam!

Zichenko, Bernardo, Fern and Jesus poor in varying degrees. On another day though we could have won.that 5-1 with a slice more luck. Kev might as well.have stayed on the bench he was dreadful when.he came on.

I hate Southampton they always put in a superhuman effort against us, no idea what we have done to.upset them.

We have to pray this ban gets overturned as we need at least three top, top players to compete at the highest level again. A centre half, holding midfield player and a striker in the Tevez mould, powerful, a physical presence who isn't 10 stone wet through and can unsettle packed defences. Jesus is too easy to contain.

We have the Bernardo puzzle to solve too. His form has dropped off a cliff, will it come back? Silva going too is leaving a big hole to fill.

If we have to.make do with what we had I think the title is gone for starters. It all hinges on.the verdict.

I don’t think we were as bad as most seem to think. We just couldn’t finish and Southampton’s defending was either really lucky or fantastic. But we still make too many mistakes at the back and fernandinho looked like somebody who hasn’t played CM for 12 months.
I'd add to that that Sane who I was glad to see the back of could have made a difference tonight, 3 CH's on the bench is crazy when we have a young lad in the EDS.

Zinchenko an accident waiting to happen. A midweek sub, at best
Jesus needs a goal, then he'll be ok
Mahrez needs to be more consistent
Can the real Bernardo please stand up.

Missing chances is the new "typical City"

Just one of those games I guess. TBH the only remaining league game I really gave a shit about was against the bin dippers and we battered them so will take this one on the chin. We couldn’t have played much better but we are a fucking big scalp these days, that lot defended like their lives depended on it and their keeper had his fifteen minutes of fame. At least we didn’t seem to pick up any injuries which the way them cuunts were firing through the back of our lads is a relief.

Absolute shambles away from home recently team defo needs freshening up Bernardo has had a really poor season by his standards we may need to sign as many as 3 full backs again a leader is a must also a proper goalscorer to take us forward for another 5-10 years. Also shown today how much we lose control wen rodri gundogan and kdb dont play in the middle.

The
I’m willing to give Fernandinho some slack, it was his first game back in midfield all year, no where near match sharp for that position.

It might be that his legs are gone but I wouldn’t come to that judgement from one game.
Holy Trinity of Fern,Kun and Silva have run their magnificent course. Time to let go instead of trying to squeeze every last drop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.