Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

On a slightly lighter note, anybody else think Fern looks a tad on the podgy side. Wouldn't look out of place on
Blackpool beach in a deckchair and hanky on head.

We’ve dropped points in fucking 12 games in the PL so far. We’re lucky that the rest of the league is so shite this year. 4th place in the 17/18 season and 18/19 season had the same amount or more points than us currently after matchweek 33

So we are 2nd, Carabao Cup in the bank, at Wembley again for a FA Cup semi and still have the CL to go for?

Yep, thought so. Not a bad position to be in at all really.

Not going to get too upset at losing a relatively meaningless game against a Southampton side who did themselves credit.

However, our weaknesses have been exposed all too many times this season - and not always by top sides.

Too much rotation, and an obaeasion with the next game rathee than our current opponent.
To be honest, I don't think it would be such a.bad thing if City had a.slightly smaller squad and started playing virtually the same XI every game.
Making 6 or 7 changes every week might make us fresher for the domestic cups, but it also adds to the myth that we've got more players than everyone else.
As for tonight, my heart sank as soon as I saw our midfield line-up.
God knows what's happened to Bernardo Silva, but Fernandinho and David Silva against any Premier League team in 2020 is a worry. (Individually okay, but too slow combined)
Also, Zinchenko has gone backwards.
Disagree about David - one of the few whose touch hasn't deserted him during Lockdown. Bernardo's season was affected by the media coverage - not been the same since. Misjudgement at worst having banter with a friend. Overall today, I can't fault the effort. A highly technical team like us will suffer from an unprecedented break like this one. The season should have been abandoned - said it months ago.

Not going to get too upset at losing a relatively meaningless game against a Southampton side who did themselves credit.

However, our weaknesses have been exposed all too many times this season - and not always by top sides.

What’s the weaknesses? For me it’s silly individual mistakes and finishing and that ain’t on the manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.