#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played well

90 Minutes Played 120 Touches 78 Accurate Passes 92% Pass Accuracy 3 Key Passes 6 Accurate Long Balls 3 Successful Dribbles 10 Ground Duels Won 7 Tackles 3 Clearances 2 Interceptions

Yep he did ok probably just our best player.

Cancelo's a weird one for me, and it's not much to do with him even weirder so.

I thought he was definitely one of our better players last night. And to be honest I really can see what the hype's about. He's not had much of an opportunity to showcase it, nor has he really reached those levels. But the skills he has to offer are really transparent.

As an attacker he's definitely got more to offer than Walker. He's two-footed, skillful, a good passer, a decent enough crosser, a good dribbler, smart, a decent shooter, a clever runner, and probably others. He's also reasonably fast and a good enough defender by the looks of things too.

But we definitely suffer offensively without Walker. As limited as Walker is, his ability to bolt forwards down the line is a really important part of the way we open up space on the right, and his ability to get back gives him the licence to do so even more. I've found historically Walker works really well with Bernardo too (in CM or RW).

Walker's such an ever present historically that I don't think we've appreciated just how much the team's built with him in mind.

Saying that, I hope Cancelo stays and keeps pushing. He's very good.

I thought he was definitely one of our better players last night. And to be honest I really can see what the hype's about. He's not had much of an opportunity to showcase it, nor has he really reached those levels. But the skills he has to offer are really transparent.

As an attacker he's definitely got more to offer than Walker. He's two-footed, skillful, a good passer, a decent enough crosser, a good dribbler, smart, a decent shooter, a clever runner, and probably others. He's also reasonably fast and a good enough defender by the looks of things too.

But we definitely suffer offensively without Walker. As limited as Walker is, his ability to bolt forwards down the line is a really important part of the way we open up space on the right, and his ability to get back gives him the licence to do so even more. I've found historically Walker works really well with Bernardo too (in CM or RW).

Walker's such an ever present historically that I don't think we've appreciated just how much the team's built with him in mind.

He would play even better as a wingback imo. The whole inverted bit he has to do is fine, but I think it shackles him a bit.

It would also allow Bernardo to basically play centrally more often, not that that solves everything for Bernardo, he has to solve his own issues.

Hope he stays also.

Now is the time to give him a run of games to see what he’s really made of.

The RB spot is there for the taking. Walker is defensively very good but in possession and going forward he has to be one of the worst in the team. Extremely negative in possession. Slows us down because he can’t use his left foot at all.

He would play even better as a wingback imo. The whole inverted bit he has to do is fine, but I think it shackles him a bit.

It would also allow Bernardo to basically play centrally more often, not that that solves everything for Bernardo, he has to solve his own issues.
Maybe but I don't see him as a wingback because I don't see City using them under Pep.
It would be good to see him with Mendy, as we use fullbacks more traditionally with him in the side.

Hope he stays also.

Now is the time to give him a run of games to see what he’s really made of.

The RB spot is there for the taking. Walker is defensively very good but in possession and going forward he has to be one of the worst in the team. Extremely negative in possession. Slows us down because he can’t use his left foot at all.
Yes but as I explained in my post Walker plays a vital role as it stands, as limited as he may be.

Maybe but I don't see him as a wingback because I don't see City using them under Pep.
It would be good to see him with Mendy, as we use fullbacks more traditionally with him in the side.

Yes but as I explained in my post Walker plays a vital role as it stands, as limited as he may be.
It's because Pep doesn't use wingbacks that we will most likely lose Cancelo lol.

He doesn't get enough minutes too, but he's an attacking fullback playing, doesn't seem content playing inverted.

His attitude looked very different last night to some of his really bland appearances recently.

I think he should be playing a few games at LB over the next month though, because he's got to do it against Real Madrid. Zinchenko just can't.

His attitude looked very different last night to some of his really bland appearances recently.

I think he should be playing a few games at LB over the next month though, because he's got to do it against Real Madrid. Zinchenko just can't.
It's worth a go, I can agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.