Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

The problem we could is that if we don’t get a striker n this summer wecould have major problems come next season . We will be relying on kun staying fit all season and that is something he doesn’t do . Problem on here though is when say Jesus and mendy have a good game they are suddenly the answer again . Both are nowhere near our level as is zinchenko stones otamendi and maybe cancelo . But we can’t change them all in one season so we could well be stuck with at least 3 of them next year .

Today was equivalent of a preseason friendly. We’ve only got two things left to play for so need the rotation, would have liked to see Doyle get a start. Actually thought Zinc had a good game, at least going forward.

He did some good stuff. He came deep and hit one time layoffs. I’m fairly sure that’s his instruction as the oncoming midfielder can see ahead and the release the wingers. Only we only have sterling who you can play it in behind to and he seems to keep cutting back for some reason. So the layoffs were futile.

You are definitely right in that is his instructions, I just think when a defender is right up against him like today he can struggle with physical side.

He could just as easily go on a bit of a run now as he showed what he can do against Madrid but again he had more space to play with in that game.

I deleted that post after reading it back and realising I had gone over the top.
However, I'm not saying that mistake didn't cost us the game, I'm saying Zinchenko's mistake SHOULDN'T have cost us the game, it did because of our poor finishing.

I do agree that Zinchenko should be moved on and allowed to play in midfield somewhere while we get a natural LB.
Agree 100% with all of that.
He is an asset as a utility player but not a starter at LB. Unfortunately he is not going to get a regular berth in attacking midfield as we are well stocked there but there should be room in the squad for a player with his versatility given the number of games we play over a season.

What’s the weaknesses? For me it’s silly individual mistakes and finishing and that ain’t on the manager.
Not in the mood for a long post but the main ones are:
- Susceptibility to defensive errors
- Despite our goal tally, we waste loads of chances
- Too often we run out of ideas and don’t vary it enough
- Alarming drop-off in form by such players as Bernardo and Zinc

Not that bothered but I've no clue what we are going to do for left back against Madrid because we can't play zinchenko. I'd be going 3 centre halves with Garcia, dinho, and laporte before putting zinchenko in that side.

Today was equivalent of a preseason friendly. We’ve only got two things left to play for so need the rotation, would have liked to see Doyle get a start. Actually thought Zinc had a good game, at least going forward.

He went forward?

Sorry. Disagree. Zinchenko is bloody awful. His passing, and not just today, is lethargic at best and woeful at worst. The slightest pressure and he loses it. This is not the first time.

Not in the mood for a long post but the main ones are:
- Susceptibility to defensive errors
- Despite our goal tally, we waste loads of chances
- Too often we run out of ideas and don’t vary it enough
- Alarming drop-off in form by such players as Bernardo and Zinc

Individual mistakes you can’t do much about we keep playing we keep making chances we miss chances some games end up like today that’s a fact playing like we have been wins you trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.