#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not about not liking him.....and he has tonnes of positives (as you say work rate as well as link up play, pressing from the front etc) BUT when the chips are down you sometimes need a goal scorer and GJ has shown over thelast few seasons that the vat majority of his goals are laid on a plate for him (and while this takes undoubted talent with his movement in the box) the best strikers are far much ore than that...all strikers will get those goals from 6-8 yds out if their movement is good enough (and Jesus' is) BUT strikers like Kun, Henry, drogba, Mane make their own goals as well.

Pep in a recent interview whenasked about missing aguero sand he satarted talking about Jesus in connection with this. He said something abou things you have with Kun that you dont get with Jesus and things you hae with Jesus that you dont get with Kun...I think we ALL know what those are:

Jesus - better at pressing and defending from the front. Higher work rate and better link up play (though Kuns has improved massively). Poor finisher in comparrison

Kun - Lethal finisher - will score goals from everywhere. puts fear into defenders......lacks the pressing/work rate of GJ but gives you goals and is much more of a cleaner striker of the ball and when the chips are down is much more likely to grab you a goal.
Except minutes per goal between Gabby and Aguero are pretty close.

I’ve been a big fan of his and thought he’d make the jump but he’s just not flashing a strikers instinct. He’s not finding the jammy goals, not finding pockets, nothing is coming off. It’s not a matter of not being Aguero and more a matter of just not being effective enough. That match today was one where you just need a striker to find one.

right sided attacker from what Ive seen

did you see his goals yesterday?
yeahs,he's very clinical. First game of his that I watched yesterday.

but is he just an inside forward then? or can he dribble like a winger?

because all I keep hearing when I see people praise Greenwood is that
"He's an amazing finisher and 2 footed"

is he a bit like Rashford? In the sense that he's neither a winger or a striker type of thing?

He wasn't a natural finisher when he joined us, still isn't now, and don't think he'll ever be. There isn't that killer instinct for goal.

He's a classic Brazilian flair player, with bags of tricks and who loves to run at people, but that's being coached out of him. Pep is trying to turn him into something he's not and it isn't working. If we played him on the wing exclusively we'd get a lot better value out of him.

is he a bit like Rashford? In the sense that he's neither a winger or a striker type of thing?
He's a centreforward that temporary plugs the hole on the right, as Daniel James is bang average. He'll move inside once he matures a bit

His runs are a second too soon or a second too late. Either offside or a brilliant cross just flashes inches in front of him. Not sure what is up with the lad since we started up again. Maybe he needs to relax a little bit as he looks like the cares of the world are on his shoulder just now.

He wasn't a natural finisher when he joined us, still isn't now, and don't think he'll ever be. There isn't that killer instinct for goal.

He's a classic Brazilian flair player, with bags of tricks and who loves to run at people, but that's being coached out of him. Pep is trying to turn him into something he's not and it isn't working. If we played him on the wing exclusively we'd get a lot better value out of him.
I don’t see the flair bit. Occasional flick but Neymar, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Robinho were flair players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.