Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

pep would have done his home work and plans for this game and he will back his starting 11 and even will back his subs, and pep's go to answers is that the best 11 i had to pick from because of fitness and injuries, but again the season is over in the league and pep and city's targets are the cups, so squad rotation is needed and even if we lose like today you want the best 11 ready for the fa cup semi final and then champions league

no blame from me ? no moaning from me ? its hard losing but bigger fish in the pond to catch and eat
I can`t fault Pep with his squad rotation as its the only option he has,but unfortunately there are certain positions whereby he has no options but to play certain players who I deem as OK but not good enough in the long term future of the club.
Thats football and the nature of the beast.We have world class players in lots of positions but left back for me is just as important as a central defender and certainly another forward on top of our usual two.
Pep and Txiki will have been planning this for months and if the banging of the drums on Blue Moon is correct then maybe our centre half position will be dealt with in the coming weeks.By the way I am a massive Garcia fan and still believe he has a big future with us.
Tonight was a bad day at the office.Unfortunately we`ve had too many this season,hence our 23 point gap between those scousers and ourselves.
We`ll be back of that I have no doubt.FA Cup yes,I`m more than confident we can win that but I just don`t see us as the strongest team in the CL but neither were the Scousers and Spurs last season.

Saints manager made an interesting observation before the game , he said he was glad they had 7 days preparation for the game and it certainly showed the way they pressed and harried us for 90 minutes , really glad Pep takes every competition seriously unlike the Dipper surrender monkeys , but tonights performance looked a step too far after the exertions against the candlelighters
After spending a billion on our squad i know we wont get any sympathy , but i think tonights failure will only comfirm what Pep knows about certain players , we need strengthening for next season

The last five goals we've let in have all been from horrible mistakes.
buster-keaton-cops-gif.gif

One of the biggest things that has pee'd me off this season (apart from the defensive blunders) is out inability to convert any decent percentage of the chances we create.
if we dont make the mistakes we convert the chances, if that game today was 0-0 at ht we win that 2 or 3 nil in the second half.

defence have got to stop putting our attackers under pressure to score, just my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.