COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local GM scoreboard Going in the right direction with three exceptions.

Bolton 3, Bury 7, Manchester 11, Oldham 3, Rochdale 10, Salford 3, Stockport 2, Tameside 6 Wigan 2

Manchester half yesterdays number. Oldham also decreased from 12 to 7 to 3.

But Bury has risen from 2 to 5 to 7 over the three days of these now more complete case numbers.

And Rochdale's problems increase with rises from 6 to 7 to 10 over the three days.

Tameside also risen from 3 to 5 to 6.

Leicester by comparison fell for the third straight day but only by a little again. Over the three days it has recorded 66, 59 and today 56 new cases amidst lockdown. Shows how hard it might be to staunch any outbreak unless caught very early by a world beating track and trace ap.

Happily we have one of those don't we?

Last edited:
Beta update England covid ICU bed occupancy continued to decrease 279, 259, 239 were the last 3 days recorded. The latest (for 3 July) shows it at 231.

The spike is the fact that the fall in new case numbers started to level off rather than falling at the rate is was before hand.
A friend of mine pointed out to me today that it may take 4 to 6 weeks for the BLM protests to show in the new case figures as much of the spread between young people is largely asymptomatic.

So totally made up then. If my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle but I won’t take into account she isn’t having a sex change. Might as well have said 10 million could die

the predictions made on here yeah. The pro models may have had something for it but who knows. Pro Models are still only educated guesses. There will always be the unpredictable elements.
Example, predicting “civil disobedience” on lockdown was easy. Predicting the USA having the largest ‘movement” in its history during lockdown not so much.

Last edited:
Completely the opposite. The measures we took are the reason the deaths were only 10% of what was projected if we did nothing (although that number could have been significantly lower if we took even stricter measures.) Yet some people want to use the fact that 500,000 didn't die as somehow "proof" that the projected numbers were wrong and the lockdown was unnecessary, rather than proof that it was the right thing to do and that they saved 400 odd thousand lives (depending on how things go from here)
OK fair enough I misunderstood your post.

Just a reminder..

For people who don't understand what it means to be on a ventilator but want to take the chance to go out:
For starters, it is NOT an oxygen mask that is put over the mouth while the patient comfortably lies down and reads journals.
Ventilation for Covid-19 is a painful intubation that goes down your throat and stays there until you live or you die.
It is done during anesthesia for 2 to 3 weeks without moving, often upside down, with a tube deposited from your mouth up to the air pipe and allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine.
Patient can't talk or eat or do anything natural - the machine keeps you alive. Discomfort and pain they feel from this means that medical experts must administer sedatives and pain meds to ensure pipe tolerance as long as the machine is needed.
It's like being in an artificial coma. After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass and gets trauma in the mouth or voice cords, as well as possible lung or heart complications.
It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't stand treatment and die. Many of us are in this boat...so stay safe if you don't want to take the chance to end up here. This is NOT the flu!
They put a tube in your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect diarrhea, one to collect urine, an IV for liquids and meds...
...an A-line to monitor your BP it is completely dependent on finely calculated with doses, teams of nurses, CRNA and MA to move your limbs every two hours and lie on a carpet circulating ice cold liquid to help reduce your 104° degree temp.
All of this while your loved ones cannot even come to visit. You will be alone in a room with your machine. Or your mother will. Or your father. Or your son or daughter. Or wife or husband.
But...you think wearing a mask is uncomfortable and humiliating.
#foodforthought #wearamask #prayup

Is it true that Kate Garroways husband has finally come out of his coma?

Great news if so, i believe it had been around 8 weeks.

An N-95 mask filters out particulate matter larger than .3 microns. So the question then is how big is a COVID particle?

A COVID particle is about .1 micron....this idea of people doing anything particularly useful with a mask is bizarre to me anyway.

I think the old adage of any protections better than no protection springs to mind. Probably the best readily available at the moment and reasonably affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.