Summer Transfers

Koulibaly
Alaba
Auoar
Bailey or similar
Jovic

yesterday convinced me we need another striker and with Madrid having to sell this summer , Jovic might be available on a cheaper deal. Personally think he would be an excellent signing for our team as he scores all types of goals.

Koulibaly
Alaba
Auoar
Bailey or similar
Jovic

yesterday convinced me we need another striker and with Madrid having to sell this summer , Jovic might be available on a cheaper deal. Personally think he would be an excellent signing for our team as he scores all types of goals.

Agree on most of those but I'd prefer Haaland to Jovic.

Yesterday was the first time I’ve accepted that Jesus just isn’t good enough. He offers close to nothing at times - like post lockdown - as a left winger he doesn’t have the explosiveness of Sterling either.

Martinez at Inter is set to extend his contract or leave for Barcelona. Haland’s release clause doesn’t kick in until next summer. Joao Felix has the ankles of Jack Wilshere. Kane is definitely past his best and would cost £100m easily. And if Jovic isn’t wanted or deemed good enough by Madrid, the same way we think Zinchenko isn’t, the likelihood of him moving elsewhere and being formidable is so unlikely, unless it’s to a club a step down from our calibre.

The number 9 position is quiet the concern if lose Aguero next season again for any length of spell unless we recruit and it’s going to be incredibly hard to recruit.

Last edited:
Yesterday was the first time I’ve accepted that Jesus just isn’t good enough. He offers close to nothing at times - like post lockdown - as a left winger he doesn’t have the explosiveness of Sterling either.

Martinez at Inter is set to extend his contract or leave for Barcelona. Haland’s release clause doesn’t kick in until next summer. Joao Felix has the ankles of Jack Wilshere. Kane is definitely past his best and would cost £100m easily.

The number 9 position is quiet the concern if lose Aguero next season again for any length of spell unless we recruit and it’s going to be incredibly hard to recruit.

Reluctantly agree with this.

Was watching the Pool & Southampton games with some Chelsea mates (socially distanced of course) & they queried why does a team of City's stature persist with Jesus up front. He's a good squad player but he's been given enough opportunities to try and take Aguero's throne without success. Can't disagree he does offer more overall than Aguero, but at the end of the day we need Jesus to simply be in the right place at the right time to score goals. The past few games he's been missing in the key areas for crosses where Aguero would be sniffing around. And when he does eventually receive the ball in favourable areas he seems to panic.

He seems to remind me of Andy Cole. At Newcastle he was banging goals in for fun, got injured, eventually moved to the Swamp and scored a lot of goals but needed around 5-4 chances to score a goal due to a multitude of them put on a plate for him.

In the Chumps League knock out stages, goal scoring opportunities are far and few & hopefully Jesus will begin scoring goals in tight games but I'm not so confident. Problem is as you've correctly stated, not sure there is anyone really viable out there without costing an arm & leg. Go all out for Messi I say, at least as a false nine he would be ruthless with scoring goals....I can dream!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.