Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Instead of whining about the team and individuals i'm gonna give Southampton all the credit. We couldn't have done much more to score but their defending and all round play were excellent. I lost count of the number of times i was up celebrating a goal only for the keeper, post, centre forward or any other player to block every goal bound effort.

Sane's strength is when he can play into space. He may have been better in the first half , i used to prefer him to Sterling but then Sane lost form , injury and Sterling hit form. Against teams that defend with all their numbers in the box, it's very difficult for us without any height and a reluctance to shoot . Got to say Jesus needs a goal
You're right Sane's biggest strength was when he had open space to play, it doesn't mean he wasn't more than capable of breaking down a packed defence too. I posted a video on the Sane thread on the main page when everyone started giving it the "Sane's shit" bollocks because he wanted to leave which showed multiple clips over multiple seasons of him breaking down packed defences. As a different option to inverted wingers he was brilliant and in my opinion games like last night highlight exactly why we need a naturally left footed winger on the left.

easy to jump all over Zinchenko because of the mistake. but the lad will know it better than anybody and shit happens like wonder goals from mistakes. city have this in their locker and when the off days happen we don't score and then they score a freak goal
But it is not the first time Zinchenko has been caught in possession, it happens too many times. At LB he is too slow and not good enough.

Back to the keeper?
The estuary next to the ground?

dont dither though.

i like the lad, but we know he aint good enough

It was hit into his wrong foot at pace. If he'd tried a first time pass it could have gone anywhere
Why didn't Laporte thump it down the line for Sterling to chase?
After the Liverpool game pep said we play high risk high reward, but that generally is on the edge of our own penalty area
David Silva, with incredible skill turned on the edge of their penalty area and left himself with only the keeper to beat and hit a terrible effort at the keepers legs
I haven't read a single criticism of that powder puff effort

ferna looked like an old man last night,and its a good job he hasn't been playing in the middle,i thought and my 3 workmates(all united fans) we played well and was one of those days(happens a bit too often this season)as for zincs fuck up,we play with a risk ,its how we play,we play open with risk and sometimes we get caught out, but to say we were shit is bollox, we controlled the game created many chances, but it wasnt to be,on another night we score 5 ,its the way we play and will carry on playing,the rewards outweigh the risk.take a look at our throphy cabinet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.