In -grown toenail

m7mcfc

Been troubling me for a long time. I cut it out but 2 weeks later I am back to square 1. I have just rang a place and they quoted me £24.50 to look at it. Now I know it will cost more than that for the surgery. Can anyone put me in the right direction if you have had it done or know someone who has had it done.
Thanks in advance blues.

I cut my own out when I had mine. Made a bit of a mess but it healed five years later!

I’ll give yours a go for £24.49

Had it done once under local by a ham fisted chiropodist. Hurt like fuck - essentially they have to put a fucking big needle in either side of the nail and only start injecting the anaesthetic once it's all the way in and underneath the bone/nail. 2nd time had both out under general anaesthetic. the first few days after hurt like fuck either way.

I had a badly ingrown toenail removed when I was a teenager in Withington Hospital. The pain went straightaway but one of the porters must have done it as he took a bit too much flesh away and the nail never grew back again properly.

Depends how bad and how much pain you're in but the NHS waiting list will be a couple of years at least so you may be as well give it a go with whomever you've seen.

depends how bad it is, but when I was younger the chiropodist use to use a small amount of cotton wool and push it under the nail on the infected side, moves the spur up and hopefully away from the infected point.

I have done that a fair few times since, bathe the foot in salt water first, massage the toe, pulling the skin away from the nail to get the water into the wound 1st then when everything has softened up push a small amount of cotton wool down there.

Been troubling me for a long time. I cut it out but 2 weeks later I am back to square 1. I have just rang a place and they quoted me £24.50 to look at it. Now I know it will cost more than that for the surgery. Can anyone put me in the right direction if you have had it done or know someone who has had it done.
Thanks in advance blues.

Put your foot in a bowl of warm water 3 or 4 times a day for 4 or so days and watch the pain disappear. Rinse and repeat when it starts troubling you again. Don't pick at it, let it grow out naturally. If worried it might get infected put some salt in the water or put some antiseptic cream on.

Edit, forgot to add to soak the foot for about 15 to 20 mins each time. It does actuality work.

Last edited:
I get them about twice a year, just cut the fucker until I reach the side and pull. Out pops the cut nail with the spur on the side. I think the trick to keeping them away is in future cut straight across the nail when trimming. Now if you ever have an ingrowing hair on your bollocks, I'm your man...

One of the worst things ever

I ended up getting it cut out at hospital, through the NHS. They cut it out and dab it with some chemical stuff so it doesn’t grow back

As others have said just treat it yourself. Just dig away until the spur comes out. There’s actually very few minor surgeries I won’t have a pop at myself at home before bothering the professionals. Especially in the current climate

As others have said just treat it yourself. Just dig away until the spur comes out. There’s actually very few minor surgeries I won’t have a pop at myself at home before bothering the professionals. Especially in the current climate

Due to the after effects of the last one, the next double hernia I get I'm definately doing that myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.