Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP “Fernandinho needs to be moved back into midfield.” August 2019 - July 2020.

...Maybe that Pep guy knows what he’s doing after all.

Yeah 1 game in after not playing there for 12 months, let's write him off.

This isn't Football Manager you know. Players need time to adjust.

Fernandinho was slow yesterday but we've been beaten about 10 ten times this season without him as CM in the side. Not everything is as simple as you think.

He is 35 so clearly his days at the top are coming to an end. There are not many players of that age still playing at the top level in this league. I think we have seen the best of him and next season will be one of stepping in when needed and cups games.

Fernandinho was slow yesterday but we've been beaten about 10 ten times this season without him as CM in the side. Not everything is as simple as you think.
I agree, he was still faster than Gundogan and rodri

Looked his age yesterday and very reminiscent of when yaya just suddenly became very slow and laboured?

Might be a total stab in the dark this, but I suspect it may have something to do with not training or playing in the midfield for a year

Some of the comments are laughable.

They remind me of the ones posted about Aguero over the past 5/6 years where he consistently gets written off 3 games back from injury.

Might be a total stab in the dark this, but I suspect it may have something to do with not training or playing in the midfield for a year
What has that got to do with anything? I don't think Pep splits his training into defenders and midfielders like Tony Pulis.

He has been playing CB ok this season. Yesterday he genuinely looked like all his pace and legs was gone, perhaps a comment out of frustration from how the game went but im not going to watch it again to check.

Football Manager? Lets not twist what I'm actually saying. The issue yesterday wasn't that he was rusty and that a few more games would fix it, it's that he's a 35 year old man and his legs very clearly wouldn't have allowed him to play midfield for any significant period of time, as people have been strenuously arguing for all season.

I'm sure he can be much better than he was in one off games still, because part of the issue was that he looked rusty in addition to old yesterday, but the reality is that he doesn't have the same athleticism he used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.