UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - but he could have simply said that 5th would qualify - depending on the outcome.....

Why did he instinctively say that we CAS would find against us?

I had not put him down as a anti-CITY / pro-scum/redscouse pundit - but he was very quick to make that comment - like he really hopes that we are banned

Yes, I was very disappointed as he's usually fair with us, but this seems weird to me. I just don't understand why fans of Newcastle, Wolves etc don't see the bigger picture - are they really that clueless?

Worst case scenario, we get banned for 2 years. Kdb, raheem and maybe laporte, mahrez leave. That would be a huge upset. Will it slow us down, absolutely but I believe there would be an upside to it.

I think it would re energize Pep. He would have 2 years to build a new squad of younger, hungrier players. He can concentrate on Garcia, braaf, foden, doyle, thb, palmer etc. Its his dream job, he always said he wants to coach youngsters.

It would be so exciting to watch and the fans and players would be bonded so much more.
So you don’t think the players you named aren’t “hungry” enough.? I disagree, in fact I think it’s a bit disrespectful

For me the worst part was the BBC, Lineker and Shearer sneaking it in and not giving Micah a chance to give an alternative view. If they have decided to side with UEFA because they don't believe City, despite us saying we have absolute proof against the accusations, they should say so and give us their reasons.
Straying off-topic - but I am not enjoying seeing Micah on BBC or SKY - he seems desperate to be 'neutral' and is often too far the other way

It is a bit like he knows (or has been told) that to be a 'repeat booking' he needs not to be 'pro-CITY and big up the likes of the Scum and Redscouse

Last edited:
Last week on TalkSport one of the presenter actually said "unfortunatley it looks like they will get off with this". How are they allowed to come out with such bias.

That was Andy Jacobs, I heard it and raised an eyebrow at the unfortunately bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't vote because we don't have sufficient information at our disposal to make a sensible assessment of the issues. However, I had an option to view results while the poll was live and they've displayed for me since the poll was closed.

I can't wait for the matter to be finally decided, though. A two-year ban would be so damaging to the club and, despite the frenzied media coverage surrounding the AC's award of that sanction, the actual facts behind the punishment seem rather hazy. I hope the club's confidence in its position will be borne out, but if we do end up suffering a severe sanction, I want to see what we've done to merit that.
Thanks for your take on it P..
I have learnt to have faith in our current owners after they carried out a business plan professionally unlike the owning chancers of yesteryear so any guess would be for that reason only.
Eventually the detail of any decision can hopefully be analysed and we can see if our blind faith was justified.

Funny that if we get banned all our players will be out the door where as the likes of the scum chelsea arsenal players all stick around when not competing.

It’s seems as always the rules and how Manchester City are treated is totally different from any other club.

You are right that CAS will side with the mob but in terms of launching legal proceedings we will do f**k all.
If that is your view then what did Khaldoon mean when he said "in the first instance" when we appealed to CAS originally. My view is that the owners are prepared to contest this ban and fine to the bitter end.

We are subjected to these former players talking about football as subject they have some knowledge of, although in a lot of cases they are either too scared to demonstrate their knowledge as a manger or a failed one. When asked their opinion on other matters relating to the football industry they haven't got a clue, nor do they do any research on a subject yet, they are allowed to offer that opinion to millions of viewers / listeners and get paid very well for it.
What i would like to see is their opinion challenged "why do you think that Alan" would be a start. Lets face it Shearer forgot how he lambasted Pelligrini and City for fielding a youth team in the FAC, 2 days before a important ECL away game, that the BBC had moved to show live because it suited them. When asked about Klopp and Liverpool doing the same thing he said they had every right to choose whatever team they want Unbelievable
Has anyone challenged him though? Presumably he is on Twitter?

Yes, I was very disappointed as he's usually fair with us, but this seems weird to me. I just don't understand why fans of Newcastle, Wolves etc don't see the bigger picture - are they really that clueless?
In Shearers case yes. Hence why he made a complete cock of trying to be a football manager

Straying off-topic - but I am not enjoying seeing Micah on BBC or SKY - he seems desperate to be 'neutral' and is often too far the other way

It is a bit like he knows that to be a 'repeat booking' he needs not to be 'pro-CITY and big up the likes of the Scum and Redscouse
He's new, but it will take time for him to find his position I reckon.

As for this matter, I am sure he would have countered with "I don't agree" or something like that. I would have liked him to say "And on what basis, given UEFA's past controversies and history of failure at these hearings, plus City's accusations of UEFA misdoings in the investigation - of which CAS expressed equal concern of; the nature of the source of the initial investigation being a non-legally binding email discussion AND, of which City say they have submitted evidence to counter this said email, evidence which isn't in the public domain (or shouldn't be), do you come to this conclusion. Alan?" but more than likely he would have said "I don't agree".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.