UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your take on it P..
I have learnt to have faith in our current owners after they carried out a business plan professionally unlike the owning chancers of yesteryear so any guess would be for that reason only.
Eventually the detail of any decision can hopefully be analysed and we can see if our blind faith was justified.

I've always been inclined to trust the line coming from City unless or until a factual basis emerges in the public domain that suggests I shouldn't. But I also think that the Adjudicatory Chamber, which ultimately imposed this severe sanction, is composed of extremely serious individuals, so I keep thinking that they must have had some cause for taking the action they did. At the end of all this, I want to understand what led them to impose the ban.

It would just make City a cause celebre. It's clearly a rigged system. We're asked to believe that City agreed a sponsorship with Etihad for £8m pa and that the rest came from Sheikh mansour.

Whilst I agree that £8m would be a farcically low sum for Etihad to contribute, those emails, the content of which City have not denied, would seem to indicate precisely that.....albeit that we don’t know the context, eg. was it a one off due to the airline’s financial circumstances that year etc etc

If this goes the wrong way, is there any reason why we couldn't appeal and take our case to a proper court, one with no connection to football or sport, more like a high power court in the US for example and sue UEFA for restriction of trade, and the bastard clubs who signed the letter against us for defamation of brand, something like that?

We have done nothing wrong apart from having the money to upset their cosy cartel.

Yes, I was very disappointed as he's usually fair with us, but this seems weird to me. I just don't understand why fans of Newcastle, Wolves etc don't see the bigger picture - are they really that clueless?

To be fair, we are pretty unique as a fanbase in having felt obliged to study the minutiae of FFP in the way that we have, in order to combat the onslaught from cnuts like the Harris twins....

Last edited:
I've always been inclined to trust the line coming from City unless or until a factual basis emerges in the public domain that suggests I shouldn't. But I also think that the Adjudicatory Chamber, which ultimately imposed this severe sanction, is composed of extremely serious individuals, so I keep thinking that they must have had some cause for taking the action they did. At the end of all this, I want to understand what led them to impose the ban.

This is exactly what has me worried.

One of the said individuals that imposed our sanctions was Charles Flint QC and he also serves at Blackstone Chambers who we retained the services of.

If he is of the conclusion we did wrong it must not be as cut and dry as we make out.

However CAS have been very critical of the AC in past so who knows

Straying off-topic - but I am not enjoying seeing Micah on BBC or SKY - he seems desperate to be 'neutral' and is often too far the other way

It is a bit like he knows (or has been told) that to be a 'repeat booking' he needs not to be 'pro-CITY and big up the likes of the Scum and Redscouse

I haven’t formed that impression of him. I think he’s been a breath of fresh air on there, and he’s already been recorded on one of the Sky broadcasts saying how much he loves the club.

If that is your view then what did Khaldoon mean when he said "in the first instance" when we appealed to CAS originally. My view is that the owners are prepared to contest this ban and fine to the bitter end.

Projectriver has highlighted, with fairly inarguable reason, several times on here why this (CAS) is likely to be the end of the line in terms of legal challenges

The possibility is I suppose that the g## control that chamber as well as other decisions. By that I mean in business we have good legal advice but if we are foolhardy or like a gamble to justify our personal feelings we ignore it against all this sound advice.
Maybe the House of Cards will be exposed as exactly for cosmetic appearance and the g## dog tail wags the UEFA decision making or maybe there is some substance in their decision?
The other possibility is that our owner has decided enough is enough and instructs against advice for once in his life. Unlikely now that we have equity partners but possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.