UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been inclined to trust the line coming from City unless or until a factual basis emerges in the public domain that suggests I shouldn't. But I also think that the Adjudicatory Chamber, which ultimately imposed this severe sanction, is composed of extremely serious individuals, so I keep thinking that they must have had some cause for taking the action they did. At the end of all this, I want to understand what led them to impose the ban.

That broadly squares with my view. Someone mentioned blind faith but it’s always been at the back of my mind that maybe, just maybe, the club could be bang to rights and they’re playing a huge game of bluff by claiming they’ve done nothing wrong. However, until someone can show me the evidence of that, I’m putting my trust in them. What football fan wouldn’t? And that’s what makes me laugh with all these dickhead journalists and bitter opposition fans - do they seriously expect us to back UEFA over our own club while this process is still ongoing?

As you say though, there are some serious players in the AC which is a worry. Then again, they’re working on behalf of UEFA so is it beyond the realms of possibility that they came to a decision that suits UEFA?

The possibility is I suppose that the g## control that chamber as well as other decisions. By that I mean in business we have good legal advice but if we are foolhardy or like a gamble to justify our personal feelings we ignore it against all this sound advice.
Maybe the House of Cards will be exposed as exactly for cosmetic appearance and the g## dog wags the UEFA decision making or maybe there is some substance in their decision?
The other possibility is that our owner has decided enough is enough and instructs against advice for once in his life. Unlikely now that we have equity partners but possible.

The club claiming we have irrefutable evidence proving against any wrong doing is a pretty big statement. If this is correct and has been proven to CAS, surely we should be fine. The club always said they had the evidence but UEFA wouldn't wait.

That broadly squares with my view. Someone mentioned blind faith but it’s always been at the back of my mind that maybe, just maybe, the club could be bang to rights and they’re playing a huge game of bluff by claiming they’ve done nothing wrong. However, until someone can show me the evidence of that, I’m putting my trust in them. What football fan wouldn’t? And that’s what makes me laugh with all these dickhead journalists and bitter opposition fans - do they seriously expect us to back UEFA over our own club while this process is still ongoing?

As you say though, there are some serious players in the AC which is a worry. Then again, they’re working on behalf of UEFA so is it beyond the realms of possibility that they came to a decision that suits UEFA?

It depends on what basis the AC came to its conclusion, and what evidence it was based on. The AC could have made a legitimate judgement based on the case the IC pushed through to it, but it doesn't mean that it was making a judgement on all the facts. This would square with needing reform of the chambers and failure of process between the two chambers.

This is exactly what has me worried.

One of the said individuals that imposed our sanctions was Charles Flint QC and he also serves at Blackstone Chambers who we retained the services of.

If he is of the conclusion we did wrong it must not be as cut and dry as we make out.

However CAS have been very critical of the AC in past so who knows

We don't know Flint was on the panel, he's one of five members and they only need three to actually participate. Given his UAE connections he might well have recused himself.

We don't know Flint was on the panel, he's one of five members and they only need three to actually participate. Given his UAE connections he might well have recused himself.
I was about to say, surly a conflict of interests if we still use Blackstone Chambers.

I've always been inclined to trust the line coming from City unless or until a factual basis emerges in the public domain that suggests I shouldn't. But I also think that the Adjudicatory Chamber, which ultimately imposed this severe sanction, is composed of extremely serious individuals, so I keep thinking that they must have had some cause for taking the action they did. At the end of all this, I want to understand what led them to impose the ban.

I think that’s everyone’s concern. The trouble is we don’t know how City’s “non-cooperation” at the IC stage manifested itself. Did we produce our fully audited accounts? Did we produce other credible evidence to undermine the content of those emails? Part of me thinks we must have done - which wouldn’t be good news as it would mean they saw our evidence, weren’t convinced by it, and ruled against us anyway - if only to head the potential for disaster off at the earliest opportunity, but equally I suppose it could be that we decided we would never get a fair hearing out of UEFA regardless and decided to put our faith in CAS instead. I’d need @projectriver to confirm what’s likely and what isn’t though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.