UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably then, if we did submit our clearest evidence, the AC were unfazed by the prospect of effectively deeming our accounts fraudulent then? Or would that not have been an issue for them, and they rather made their judgment on our failure to come up with a credible explanation for the content of those emails?

Really don't know. Speculation upon speculation as to how the AC got over issues. We shall see.

Didn't the AC make a judgement on what the IC sent them which included no evidence from City as we'd 'refused to cooperate'?

The IC should we win will be thrown under the bus as the AC can just point out they only had one side to look at.

I'm thinking along exactly the same lines. The AC can only review whatever the IC push through to it. If that consisted only of the IC's own conclusions without (as we understand) any evidence offered by City then under the circumstances it's not too much of a stretch to think that the AC simply rubber stamped the IC's verdict.

It's also worth remembering that the IC has very limited powers of sanction to a maximum fine of 200,000 Euros. That was always going to be referred to the AC for it to impose a much heavier penalty. As far as I can see the AC is just the IC on steroids and part of the same problem.

No as barristers from the same chambers go up against each other all the time. It's also quite common for a Judge to be from the same chambers as an advocate in a case.
Where barristers from the same chambers are up against each other, they are desperate to win. Professional points scoring! They will try their utmost.

I'm thinking along exactly the same lines. The AC can only review whatever the IC push through to it. If that consisted only of the IC's own conclusions without (as we understand) any evidence offered by City then under the circumstances it's not too much of a stretch to think that the AC simply rubber stamped the IC's verdict.

It's also worth remembering that the IC has very limited powers of sanction to a maximum fine of 200,000 Euros. That was always going to be referred to the AC for it to impose a much heavier penalty. As far as I can see the AC is just the IC on steroids and part of the same problem.
The AC can call for further evidence, not limited to what the IC submit.

STOP PRESS. LATEST.
The kindling for the white smoke is being prepared.
Bluemooners continue to speculate nervously.
Yves Leterme has gone into hiding.
And still we wait..........

Talk this morning about KDB. So, here is a reminder of his full quote:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/de-...before-deciding-man/dbqj7x3m2z8l1mhkprz0fea1v

"The club has told us that they are going to appeal and that they are almost 100 per cent sure they are in the right. That's why I'm waiting to see what will happen.

"I trust my team. Once the statement is made, I will review everything. Two years [without European football] would be a long time. If it is one year I might see."

"I think Pep said he will see out the last year [of his contract] anyway no matter what. Then his contract ends. But I'm not going to let my decision depend on what Pep is doing," he added.

"Of course I have already worked with other coaches and when Pep leaves, I have to continue working with someone else. But I haven't really paid much attention to that for the time being. There are more important things at the moment."

“In recent years, and before then too, there have been many teams who have enquired and may have asked about me. But to be honest, I'm very happy with City," De Bruyne explained.

"I play for one of the best teams in the world, I play in England - in my view the best competition - and I like that. It remains a challenge to be the best and I need that too.

"Whatever comes, comes. But it's not that I've tried to leave City in these past five years. I have also remained calm over previous transfers. I have never had any problems and have always waited for my moment. With respect, because I think you get most of it back. Even outside of football.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.